Bluetooth PET

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
dragcar

Bluetooth PET

#1 Post by dragcar »

Hi Guys, I wonder if you could help me. I currently have Slacko Puppy 5.3.3 installed on my computer. I have a Bluetooth Dongle Connected via a USB Port. The Dongle has the following description Printed on it: X-Micro and underneath Bluetooth 2.0 Plus. Is there a way of getting the Puppy to see and operate with my Puppy.(It does work in UBUNTU perfectly)
I thank you in anticipation of your reply
Drag Car
My E-Mail address is:- dragutincar@ymail.co

linuph

#2 Post by linuph »

Try to find bluetooth-4.66-3.pet or bluetooth-0.5.pet and install. The first could be found with Puppy Package Manager, the second elsewhere but I can't find it back right now. Google for it. I'm not on Slacko right now. Bluetooth-0.5 worked for me though on Lupu-528-005 and currently on Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.2.4.8.
If to no avail, maybe Bluez is needed, but then I leave it to the experts on this forum. Good luck.

Eldon

RFCOMM & L2CAP not in Kernel.

#3 Post by Eldon »

linuph wrote:Try to find bluetooth-4.66-3.pet or bluetooth-0.5.pet and install. The first could be found with Puppy Package Manager, the second elsewhere but I can't find it back right now. Google for it. I'm not on Slacko right now. Bluetooth-0.5 worked for me though on Lupu-528-005 and currently on Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.2.4.8.
If to no avail, maybe Bluez is needed, but then I leave it to the experts on this forum. Good luck.
Neither of these can be found with package manager.

Blueman, and bluez packages are in the package manager.

I had it working on 5.3.1, but now switching to 5.3.3 I can't get it to work.

It seems that the rfcomm and l2cap modules were not included when compiling the kernel. I tried putting the modules in the appropriate directory, but it still can't find it. modprobe rfcomm and modprobe l2cap are necessary to make it work afik.

I don't know if this is deliberate or just a mistake, but it makes it seem like somebody is just not willing to support bluetooth in puppy.

When I try to run blueman, I get a message saying that bluez daemon isn't running, and I have no idea how to get it running.

I guess I'll have to switch back to 5.3.1.

If anybody can work on this, it would be great.
We need a pet that will make bt work...specifically my keyboard. 8)