Puppy on Virtual Machine on Win7?

Virtual machines, emulation, etc.
Les Kerf

Puppy on Virtual Machine on Win7?

#1 Post by Les Kerf »

I have been searching and reading on this forum about virtual machines, but just get more confused as I go. Please forgive my noobish ignorance.

I would like to be able to put Puppy (Slacko or Lucid, latest versions) on a thumb drive, and then be able to walk up to a machine running Win7, plug it in, and run Puppy without re-booting. Is this possible?

I sometimes go to the public library where they are running Win7, but they frown on users re-booting, etc. I don't want to leave any footprint.

I don't know enough about this subject to even ask intelligent questions, so would greatly appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.
Thanks,
Les

rokytnji

#2 Post by rokytnji »

I would like to be able to put Puppy (Slacko or Lucid, latest versions) on a thumb drive, and then be able to walk up to a machine running Win7, plug it in, and run Puppy without re-booting. Is this possible?

I sometimes go to the public library where they are running Win7, but they frown on users re-booting, etc. I don't want to leave any footprint.
Not possible with a pendrive. First. Rebooting and selecting flash drive as first boot in bios =footprint if having to permantly change the boot order. (if a temporary boot menu is offered and nobody is looking.
, then?=no footprint)

Second. Downloading Puppy iso. Installing Virtual Box in a Windows Library Computer. Installing Puppy into Virtual Machine Mode. Equals footprint. Only way out of that is to uninstall Puppy Virtual Machine when done. Uninstall Virtual Box next. But look at the time you spent trying not to leave a foot print and not rebooting.

Not worth the effort. Take your own Netbook or Laptop to the library would be easier.
But I live in a small one horse town where if I want. I can connect my personal gear to
Libraries wireless router. We are a small communty here so everyone knows everyone.

Les Kerf

#3 Post by Les Kerf »

Thanks, that clears up that question. Reckon if I could reboot, might as well just use a live cd. I'll look into using my own laptop, this might be a better solution anyway.
Thanks again,
Les