Can't Print images in Mozilla

Please post any bugs you have found
SteveT

Can't Print images in Mozilla

#1 Post by SteveT »

I'm not sure whether this the right place but when using any Mozilla browser (e.g. Seamonkey) or email client (Seamonkey, Thunderbird) in Puppy Slacko 5.3.3 I cannot print any images, only black rectangles.It does not matter whether I print to a file as pdf or the printer.

The processor is an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 5000+

No problem printing images if it is run as a live cd only (no save file).

Does anyone else have this problem?

Steve

rcrsn51

Re: Can't Print images in Mozilla

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

SteveT wrote: when using any Mozilla browser (e.g. Seamonkey) or email client (Seamonkey, Thunderbird) in Puppy Slacko 5.3.3 I cannot print any images, only black rectangles.It does not matter whether I print to a file as pdf or the printer.
For testing purposes, please provide a link to a website where printing fails for you. I did a few tests in Slacko with its built-in Seamonkey and images printed fine.
That suggests that something you have installed is causing the problem. What might it be?

Barkin

#3 Post by Barkin »

Maybe the images are generated by Adobe flash ... http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=248257

A workaround would be to do a screen grab, then print that.

SteveT

#4 Post by SteveT »

rcrsn51 wrote:
SteveT wrote: when using any Mozilla browser (e.g. Seamonkey) or email client (Seamonkey, Thunderbird) in Puppy Slacko 5.3.3 I cannot print any images, only black rectangles.It does not matter whether I print to a file as pdf or the printer.
For testing purposes, please provide a link to a website where printing fails for you. I did a few tests in Slacko with its built-in Seamonkey and images printed fine.
That suggests that something you have installed is causing the problem. What might it be?
Many thanks rcrsn51

This applies to any website including the puppy home page

file:///usr/share/doc/home.htm

I have also used the UK yahoo site

http://uk.yahoo.com/

This also happens when printing an email containing images although for both the browser and email client a preview shows the images.

Regarding conflicting installed software I'll make a new puppy save and check after I load each program.

SteveT

#5 Post by SteveT »

Barkin wrote:Maybe the images are generated by Adobe flash ... http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=248257

A workaround would be to do a screen grab, then print that.
Many thanks Barkin, no problem printing a screen snap shot and for the link to the mozillazine forum

SteveT

#6 Post by SteveT »

rcrsn51 wrote:
Hi rcrsn51,

I've now loaded all the software that was included on the previous puppy save and all works fine at present.

I hope it stays like it - you may be right about the software because I had had problems previously with PPM crashing and needing the ziggy patch to get it back.

Many thanks

Steve

PS No problems printing in Iron or Chrome with the previous puppy save.

rcrsn51

#7 Post by rcrsn51 »

SteveT wrote:I hope it stays like it
Boot again off the CD using "puppy pfix=ram" and make a backup copy of this good savefile.

SteveT

#8 Post by SteveT »

rcrsn51 wrote:
SteveT wrote:I hope it stays like it
Boot again off the CD using "puppy pfix=ram" and make a backup copy of this good savefile.
Many thanks for your advice rcrsn51

I will do