Seg Fault during Printer Driver Installation

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
laserdood

Seg Fault during Printer Driver Installation

#1 Post by laserdood »

I am trying to install my older printer using the full version of hplip-3.12.6 , downloaded from HP's Linux Open Source Printing repository - because I know this library has my driver in it, my printer was listed when installed on my other Slacko Puppy distro and the printer is working in my Slacko..but I'm trying to setup Racy 5.3 to leverage more available RAM since my laptop has 4 Gb.

Hplilp installation scripts are written in Python, so I try to install Python 2.6 then during "sh hplilip-3.12.6.run" I get a segmentation fault when executed as root, and permission denied when executed as user. I did chmod a+x, still not working, so I'm curious if there's something going on with Python?

Any ideas? Thank you!!!

laserdood 8)

laserdood

Hp Photosmart d110a

#2 Post by laserdood »

PS my printer is an HP Photosmart d100a Print, Fax,Copier just in case anyone has that driver on hand I'd appreciate it - or help me figure ot how to install Python in Racy 5.3

Thanks again,

John 8)

rcrsn51

Re: Hp Photosmart d110a

#3 Post by rcrsn51 »

laserdood wrote:PS my printer is an HP Photosmart d100a
my printer was listed when installed on my other Slacko Puppy distro and the printer is working in my Slacko..
I looked in Slacko 533 and I couldn't see a Gutenprint driver close to your printer. What Slacko version are you using?

Please check in Slacko. Run CUPS and see what driver is being used by the printer.

Did you read the post directly above this one titled "How to Install Your Printer/Scanner in Puppy"? It contains a ready-built HPLIP package. However, the closest model that I can see is for the Photosmart d110 series.