Gyachi 1.2.2

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
sikpuppy

Gyachi 1.2.2

#1 Post by sikpuppy »

This is a compiled PET of the Yahoo chat client Gyachi.

I made it in the belief that it could be used for voice calls (I know a few people that use the Windows client for voice chat, it seems to be generally more reliable than MSN). It doesn't, but is still a mighty fine client, IMHO. If you do get the voice chat working I would be happy to know how :P

Here's what you do: if you have difficulty getting the skydrive page up, it's because your browser is not recognised. This is easily fixed.

Do this: Click

Then download this: Gyachi-1.2.2.pet

Then click on the pet to install. Easy peasy. Enjoy!!

James.
ASUS A1000, 800Mhz PIII Coppermine!, 192Mb RAM, 10Gb IBM Travelstar HDD, Build date August 2001.

sensu0s

#2 Post by sensu0s »

Ok perfect. It work fine on my lucid puppy 5.0.1.

I could login, surf chat rooms, Send IM's, change font colors and everything.

The voice chat feature works fine after adding the files tsd32.dll and tssoft.acm or tssoft32.acm to usr/lib/codecs. I got both these files from my windows xp system32 folder. I will try and upload them here.

It might be necessary to install wine before installing this app. However i am not sure whether it would work without it.

umair

Re: Gyachi 1.2.2

#3 Post by umair »

sikpuppy wrote:This is a compiled PET of the Yahoo chat client Gyachi.

I made it in the belief that it could be used for voice calls (I know a few people that use the Windows client for voice chat, it seems to be generally more reliable than MSN). It doesn't, but is still a mighty fine client, IMHO. If you do get the voice chat working I would be happy to know how :P

Here's what you do: if you have difficulty getting the skydrive page up, it's because your browser is not recognised. This is easily fixed.

Do this: Click

Then download this: Gyachi-1.2.2.pet

Then click on the pet to install. Easy peasy. Enjoy!!

James.
Hi sikpuppy:
I was using Gyachi on John's Teen Pup Mini for last year or so without any problems with video calls. But from last 2 or 3 days gyachi is not working and gave me thee error of "Incorrect ID or Password............" :(
Really dont have any idea how to fix this:
If u or any other guy can help thn highly appreciated.
Regards
UMAIR

umair

Re: Gyachi 1.2.2

#4 Post by umair »

umair wrote: Hi sikpuppy:
I was using Gyachi on John's Teen Pup Mini for last year or so without any problems with video calls. But from last 2 or 3 days gyachi is not working and gave me thee error of "Incorrect ID or Password............" :(
Really dont have any idea how to fix this:
If u or any other guy can help thn highly appreciated.
Regards
UMAIR
Hello Everyone,
I discovered that if u are connecting to yahoo account using gyachi messenger and you have a complex password (with special characters) thn it will give you an error tht INCORRECT USER OR PASSWORD. But if u have not a complex password thn u can successfully login to ur yahoo account.
NOTE: You can only chat to those persons who are in ur buddy list as you can not access to yahoo chat rooms due to continuously changing of yahoo chat server policies.
Regards
UMAIR