online TV ... using rtmpdump, rtmpsrv and rtmpsuck

Using applications, configuring, problems
poilu

#31 Post by poilu »

That was the problem! Thanks.

I have another question: the capture of rtmp stream.
I can locate many streams.
I use wireshark or iptable in association with rtmpsrv.
Some streams I can't!
Where is the problem? What don't I know of rtmp protocol?
I think that I can't to capture the stream in http://www.coolsport.tv/ but I don'know why!?

Sorry for my bad english :)

poilu

#32 Post by poilu »

I have resolve. Was a problem of redirection. I was seen the redirection link with the option -V in rtmpdump.
Bye

GaRailroader

rtmpsuck

#33 Post by GaRailroader »

This thread is very interesting. I have an interest in identifying streams though I don't think I'm following the instructions correctly. My goal is to be able to rip videos from Hulu and other sources so that my son can watch them on my tablet on car trips when we don't have internet connectivity.

I am using Precise Puppy 5.4.3 and the closest thing I've been able to find for running as spot or fido is Main Menu: Menu-Utility-Gexec and not checking the run as root checkbox. I've run the iptables command exactly as it is typed into this thread and it doesn't give me any error messages.(I was thinking maybe I am supposed to be making some substitutions in this entry.) Lastly, when I run the rtmpsuck command it looks like it is watching port 1935 at ip address 0.0.0.0. When I go to a streaming video the rtmpsuck terminal window doesn't show anything. Any suggestions to get me on the right track are greatly appreciated.

Pat

GaRailroader

spot

#34 Post by GaRailroader »

I've had some success since last night. I followed sc0ttman steps #1 and #2 verbatim. Step 3 was for Akita, I was using Precise 5.4.3. I opened a terminal and typed in the command: su -l spot<cr> I then typed in whoami<cr> and it reported back spot. I fired off a Seamonkey session from this terminal using : DISPLAY=:0 seamonkey<cr> I then browsed to Hulu and played a video. Upon completion, the video was saved in the root folder using the same name as Hulu server. This is a major breakthrough for me. Thanks to all those contributors to this thread.

Pat

poilu

#35 Post by poilu »

Hulu is only for USA but are you sure that is rtmp stream?
You can verify with wireshark: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PuUnQCS7DQ.
Ciao

GaRailroader

#36 Post by GaRailroader »

From everything I've seen and read, Hulu is an rtmp stream. Unfortunately, my success has been limited. I've been able to get rtmpsuck to save a video that I'm streaming in a spot user Seamonkey session but rtmpsuck seems to choke on an error message before completing a stream. The most video I've been able to get is about the first 12 minutes of a 42 minute video. If anyone has any tips, I'm all ears.

Pat

poilu

New question on rtmps/tlsv1/ssl

#37 Post by poilu »

Can I capture a stream video in tlsv1 on ssl?
Peraphs rtmps so work?
I want capture rtmps on 443 tcp port.
Am I delirius?
Thanks

poilu

#38 Post by poilu »

Ok.
if you get a dev channel release of Chrome and a trunk build of Wireshark you can run Chrome with the environment variable SSLKEYLOGFILE set to, say, /home/foo/keylog. Then, in Wireshark's preferences for SSL, you can tell it about that key log file. As Chrome makes SSL connections, it'll dump an identifier and the connection key to that file and Wireshark can read those and decrypt SSL connections.
Ciao

stevielee

Totally awesome......so far

#39 Post by stevielee »

Hi all....

I was started on this kick of acquiring video over the net (in a variety of ways) and had varying degrees of luck. Some browser plugins do a lot, but big sites like Hulu seem to evade me. Maybe the usual capture plugins just need to be updated - I have not tried it in a while.

This thread here got me started on a much closer monitoring of incoming streams rather than relying on the plugins which don't let you get into the guts of what is really happening. I played with it a while back, but no luck. Thanks to Garailroader I did get a stream from Hulu today, and was quite pleased. I would like to know the following:

I first tried to run as spot with su spot then I started a browser with the defaultbrowser command, but I got the same result as Garailroader.....the rtmpsuck terminal produced no response.

I then did exactly as he did,...I used su -l spot and then DISPLAY=:0 seamonkey.........and the Hulu stream came in on the rtmpsuck window nicely. It also automatically recorded it to /root (the home or ~ directory) without me doing anything. Is that normal? Do live streams record automatically as well? Also, why did small changes in the su and browser commands get the right results?

I don't know why this thread is not hugely popular. What are the best methods for getting the videos one wants - outside of direct downloads of files, drop sites, torrents, etc. Mainly I was wondering if this rtmpdump method is the best way to get into the heart of a media stream. Also, what does wireshark do and is that useful here?

I am very appreciative of the insights of scottman, garailroader, and poilu....I would get nowhere without your input.

Thanks,

Steven

Hmmm....seems like Hulu is not cooperating on full episodes of things....it has erratic behavior...does anyone see this also?

poilu

#40 Post by poilu »

@all.
STreamplay with vlc and now ok also in UBUNTU!
Thanks to Sc0ttman STu90 and Darby Crash for modify.
And other.
Ciao
Attachments
streamplay.tar.gz
(1.29 KiB) Downloaded 388 times

Ted Dog

#41 Post by Ted Dog »

also try

DISPLAY=:0.1 or :0.2 if you want to send the stream to HDMI or second display port. Sounds like spot did not get a copy of the environmental settings. Which could explain a lot about spot issues I've been running into.
However it could also let me run one display as root and another as Spot or Fido, which I like better than trying to figure out who is running as what usr on same X window.

I do not now how I missed this thread before, Was trying to get something like this years ago, and make a DVR out of puppy. Was able to have the SDTV captures go straight into a DVD multisession file without a harddrive. That worked so well I was unable to break it. But with the move to HDTV tuners gave up.