Openbox-P 1.0.1 (with FBpanel)

Window managers, icon programs, widgets, etc.
vicmz

Openbox-P 1.0.1 (with FBpanel)

#1 Post by vicmz »

Download Openbox-P 1.0.1 - 860 K
Compatible with: Wary, Racy, Precise, Slacko, Upup - may be with other Puppies not tested yet
For Wary, Racy and some Puppies you have to install imlib2 - 229 K

Openbox-P is a lightweight alternative to OpenboxPlus. It is designed to be small and non intrusive, it won't change your default applications, desk icon layout or themes. Also, it has only FBpanel as default panel, so if you miss the Lucid Puppy appearance then this is for you. It's also gettexted, meaning that you can translate it through Momanager (NOTE: you can use the same locales as for OpenboxPlus, the only component that needs a different .mo file is the FBpanel, see OpenboxPlus and Openbox-P language support).

Openbox-P includes:
- Openbox 3.5
- Obconf 2.0.2
- FBpanel 1.6
- WM Switcher 0.19
- DeskSetup 0.8

It has only a small selection of Openbox themes, the DeepThought and Stardust GTK themes, and the stark03 icon theme (see screen capture below). You can extend themes with the pets below:

Openbox theme selection, 42 K
GTK theme collection

You can also check OpenboxPlus for Tint2 / Lxpanel, a stylish default theme, more theme packages and more desktop setup options.

(The picture below is an example customized desktop. Openbox-P doesn't set a default theme)

Special thanks to many people whose work is remixed in this packages (sorry for not writing all): 01micko, Zigbert, Radky, Argolance, Tman, the Openbox and FBpanel developers...
Attachments
openboxp600x450.jpg
(50.37 KiB) Downloaded 2396 times
Last edited by vicmz on Thu 11 Jul 2013, 20:12, edited 4 times in total.
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]

radky

#2 Post by radky »

Hi vicmz,

Openbox-P with FBpanel is a great way to enjoy the popular 'Lucid Desktop' in modern Puppy releases such as Precise, Raring, Wheezy and Slacko.

Thanks! :)
[color=blue][b][url=http://www.smokey01.com/radky/PupMates.html]PupMates[/url][/b][/color]

Eyes-Only

#3 Post by Eyes-Only »

Muy muchos gracias for making this one available as well vicmz as I likewise enjoy using FBpanel. While LXpanel has become very flexible over the years in what it can do I've really liked using FBpanel in conjunction with BBdock. I also like the way the desktop pager in FBpanel shows the wallpaper. :)

Again, thanks for making all these differences available to us and I appreciate all the hard work you're doing to make Puppy such a first-rate attractive Linux for the masses!

iViva Puppy!

Eyes-Only
"L'Peau-Rouge d'Acadie"
*~*~*~*~*~*
Proud user of LXpup and 3-Headed Dog. 8)
*~*~*~*~*~*

simargl

#4 Post by simargl »

Last edited by simargl on Sun 01 Sep 2013, 15:13, edited 1 time in total.

vicmz

#5 Post by vicmz »

Glad you guys like it :D

I updated the pet to include stark03 icon theme (the one you can see in the screenshot) and ROX bookmarks in the right-click menu.

I forgot that for Wary / Racy and some Puppies imlib2 is required, I posted a pet above.

GTK themes with engines are not supported for Wary / Racy, those themes break the desk and sometimes you even have to restart X to bring things back to normal, that's why I posted the older GTK theme collection.

The wallpaper is actually from Ubuntu:
Attachments
ubuntu1204ltswallpapers-large_014.jpg
(147.82 KiB) Downloaded 1096 times
[url=http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=76948]Puppy Linux en español[/url]