Griffith - scans the web for movie info

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Dromeno

#1 Post by Dromeno »

This is a Python thing with a couple of other dependencies. But it looks quite useful so I hope somebody can make it puppible - Griffith is able to scan a disk full of movie titles and then automatically pull all the imdb (etc.) info from the web for offline use. It is crossplatform and multilanguage. It would be great to have a puppy with in-built griffith on a bootable usb hdd full of movies!

http://griffith.cc/index.php?option=com ... &Itemid=39

Geoffrey

Re: Griffith

#2 Post by Geoffrey »

Dromeno wrote:This is a Python thing with a couple of other dependencies. But it looks quite useful so I hope somebody can make it puppible - Griffith is able to scan a disk full of movie titles and then automatically pull all the imdb (etc.) info from the web for offline use. It is crossplatform and multilanguage. It would be great to have a puppy with in-built griffith on a bootable usb hdd full of movies!

http://griffith.cc/index.php?option=com ... &Itemid=39
Here you go, I packaged it but didn't add any dependencies, it seems to run ok in Saluki Though I do have python and the other dependencies already installed, you will have to get the required python files to suit, it should work on any puppy.
[b]Carolina:[/b] [url=http://smokey01.com/carolina/pages/recent-repo.html]Recent Repository Additions[/url]
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ahfade8q4def1lq/signbot.gif[/img]

Dromeno

Thanks Geoff!

#3 Post by Dromeno »

Yup, thanks! I guess that for not-Saluki puppies reportlab and sqalchemy need to be added to make it work.

Pelo

Griiffith available in Xenial PPm

#4 Post by Pelo »

Griiffith available in Xenial PPm (XenialPUP and Puppy Xenial LXpup)
2016. Alexandra read Movies and search the Web (alternative application) see Multimedia section.
That is a re-routing to Alexandra topic here
Pupjibaro Jessie (version fin 2016) : allocine does not load covers.. Version got by Synaptic does not launch
ToOpPY 1.0 (precise 5.4.3) searches covers successfully with allociné (France) : un télécharger Griffith du PPM, puis installer la version Debian griffith_0.13+20140313-1_all.deb: 520 K
Attachments
Parole.jpg
Links to Web broken (ToOpPy One)
(103.98 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
Last edited by Pelo on Thu 28 Sep 2017, 10:27, edited 10 times in total.

TyroBGinner

#5 Post by TyroBGinner »

Ah, good....Geoffrey and Dromeno can finally bring an end to their 4 1/2 year search.

Pelo

#6 Post by Pelo »

Dromeno was not searching, just giving information to people. I update info .
Forum is not only to repair, but to show how-to do and where to find things.
Multimedia chapter is much better than request, isn'it ?
TyroBGinner , glad you appreciate. Geoffrey will be happy too.
Xenial Repo in PPM
pool/universe/g/griffith griffith_0.13+20140313-1_all.deb

griffith tested with puplet mandibule 2005 here

Pelo

to search movies on web, use last debian package.

#7 Post by Pelo »

Griffith from the PPM Precise has a little bug, to search movies on web, use last debian package.
Video américaine Griffith - Media Collection Manager - Linux XFCE
Allocine not found with LxPup Xenial and no covers from imdb :(
All is perfect with my Puli de hongrie, including covers, found by allociné. The same with ToOppy The first, done by Argolance in France.
Last edited by Pelo on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 20:00, edited 4 times in total.

Pelo

GCstars too, sophisticated

#8 Post by Pelo »

see GCstars too, more sophisticated. GCstar will import files done with Griffith (ext gcs) and find missing covers. True even between GCstar Windows seven and Griffith from Puppies, Little Linux.
Datacrow as an alternative, with Java Runtime Environment loaded as 'SFS on the fly'
Attachments
Billiondollarbabies.jpg
Datacrow Module CDs (Films movies available)
(73.79 KiB) Downloaded 120 times

Pelo

i fail now searching movies from the web,

#9 Post by Pelo »

i fail now searching movies from the web, whatever the Puppy used.. griffith remains useful for my personal collection, but less fun..
Update your PPM first (to day Precise)
Aug 2016 , everyrhing was running as it should run.
You can use Grifith for videos, but not only. I have done a collection of my puppies. (in progress, they are a lot).
Dowloaded again debian package packages.debian.org/jessie/all/griffith/download
Not better.
Palemoon is the browser, perhaps something to change ?
Attachments
allocine.jpg
Localhost to set ?
(51.32 KiB) Downloaded 101 times