Dpup Wheezy. Woof-CE built debian wheezy 7.2 packages used

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
peebee

#31 Post by peebee »

pemasu wrote:I have created now build which seems to probe modules right for me. ..... All this is because this new kmod multicall binary which handles now modprobe, rmmod, lsmod etc..kernel module driver handling.
Hi pemasu

Success reports:

Loaded your zzmod pet - after reboot the b43 driver was loaded and the firmware found and installed.

Loaded the attached backend_modprobe_fix pet pm'd to me by rerwin, blacklisted b43 - rebooted - wl was loaded.
rerwin wrote:But one thing we ran into with 01micko's (I think) effort with newer kernels -- or udev -- was that blacklisting no longer worked for puppy. I provided a fixed backend_modprobe which solved that problem. Please try the attached package to see if blacklisting is causing the problem.
Cheers
peebee
Attachments
screenie.png
(98.52 KiB) Downloaded 1741 times
peebee_backend_modprobe_fix-1.pet
(3.99 KiB) Downloaded 959 times
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

pemasu

#32 Post by pemasu »

Peebee....and rerwin. Thanks for the script. I will test it also.

peebee

#33 Post by peebee »

pemasu wrote:Peebee....and rerwin. Thanks for the script. I will test it also.
Started again with a clean savefile, loaded both pets, rebooted and wl driver loaded and working as it should be.

Has also got rid of the usb 1 to 10 count on bootup.

Still getting inode errors on shutdown.

Cheers
peebee
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

radky

#34 Post by radky »

1 - Zfind demonstrates high CPU usage and becomes unresponsive when searching in root ("/") -- must be killed.

2 - Geany 0.12 is very old (from 2007).

3 - /usr/local/jwmconfig2/panel-buttons is the old 'buggy' version, rather the updated version in Exprimo.

4 - /usr/local/jwmconfig2/theme_switcher is the old 'restricted' version, rather than the updated 'scrolling' version in Exprimo.

mikeslr

Got internet, still no support to Ati-Radeo 3100 Graphics

#35 Post by mikeslr »

Hi pemasu & all,

My specs:
Processor: 4x AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 945 Processor
Memory: 3375MB (268MB used)
ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics supporting 1600x900 pixels
RaLink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
SB [HDA ATI SB], device 0: VT1708B Analog
SB {HDA ATI SB], device 1: VT1708B Digital

Installed zzkmod-0.0.1 and peebee_backend_modprobe_fix-1.pet, rebooted --was necessary-- and got web using SNS. Following your advice to Stu91, used ppm search on radeon. Installed one, but perhaps not the right one. Graphics are now @ 1024x768. Installed most of my "usual" apps. No version of xvidcap worked. Anyway, progress.

mikesLr

pemasu

#36 Post by pemasu »

Thanks Radky. I know. Part of the apps are really old. I found the bug in the DISTRO_PET_REPOS file. Fixed now.
It should pick now newer and more recent versions.
But the core system functions is the main aim still. Of course I will fix the application bugs, version things when someone posts the findings.
So....thanks Radky.

I havent started to fix the missing icons yet.

majorfoo

#37 Post by majorfoo »

Booted from live cd

Sound - ok
Internet connection did not auto connect

Desktop has icon for Abiword and Gnumeric - When click on these - nothing happens

Hp Pent 4, 2.8 ghz cpu
Intel graphics
2gb memory

charlie6

mesa on CompaqEvo510 + nvidiaNV11DDR MX200

#38 Post by charlie6 »

Hi Pemasu,
now running wheezy 3.5.2.1:
bootup with pfix=nox and afterwards doing #xwin when prompted:
result 1 = default video driver is nouveau;
result 2 = jwmrc menu icons are displayed; but on murga-linux forum, «new topic» and «post reply» thumbnails get displayed only if the mouse cursor hovers over it.
result 3 = tested gCAD3D 1.82 + libgtkgl2.0-1_2.0.1-1_i386.deb (squeeze) + libglapi-mesa_8.0.4-1_i386.deb (wheezy) + libxcb-glx0_1.8.1-1_i386.deb (wheezy) + libjpeg-turbo-1.2.0-i686.pet: works OK + rendering of jpeg images is OK (see attached gcad3d_start_file.jpg image);
result 4 = watch on line to a video on you tube: images are «jerky» ( = discontinuous) but sound is OK; (after having installed adobe flash player from Menu/Internet/GetFlash)
result 5 = assuming the video performance needed to be improved, have found
http://distro.ibiblio.org/quirky/pet_pa ... 0.3-up.pet
and installed - it has /usr/lib/dri/nouveau_dri.so for k3.2.13 - as i cannot compile it for 3.5.2 ... :cry: I assumed k3.2.13 is close to k3.5.2 ... :oops: ; restarted X after installation;
==> you tube video performance is dramaticaly improved : image is far more continuous;
==> gCAD3D still works but has lost the jpeg rendering (see attchment); moreover no more axis labels displayed (shadowed rectangular flags instead ).
result
result 6 = glxgears does not display the red+green+blue animated gear wheels; it display a black square dialog box instead; in the urxvt console, glxgears reports about 1400 frames in 5 seconds (600 frames in 5 seconds without z_mesa-8.0.3-up.pet ).

So I believe an equivalent z_mesa-xxx.pet compiled against k3.5.2 would be nice to have... :roll:

hope this helps
Attachments
gcad3d_start_file.jpg
(10.6 KiB) Downloaded 1657 times
gcad3d.png
gcad3d default start image after installed z_mesa-8.0.3-up.pet from distro.ibiblio.org/quirky/pet_packages-precise
(51.53 KiB) Downloaded 1650 times
Last edited by charlie6 on Tue 28 Aug 2012, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.

LateAdopter

#39 Post by LateAdopter »

Hello Pemasu

I'm no expert, but...

I think the confusion over Radeon KMS arises because it has to be enabled in two places, in the kernel.

It has to be enabled in the radeon kernel module and can be done with radeon.modeset=1 on the kernel line.

Radeon KMS also has to be enabled in the DRM kernel module when the kernel is compiled since there is no DRM command to do it later.

If KMS is enabled in DRM but disabled in radeon it is not fatal but the radeon r600g driver will not do DRI on recent cards and falls back to a VESA like mode.

If KMS is enabled in radeon but disabled in DRM it is fatal.
Radeon loads DRI2 and DRM loads DRI and you get a version mismatch error when they meet.
Xorg exits leaving you with no display or keyboard.

pemasu

#40 Post by pemasu »

Charlie6. I am gonna upload next test build very soon.
And....why dont you install libgl1-mesa-dri using PPM ? It contains dri drivers.
It has dri for nouveau: nouveau_dri.so.
Libgl1-mesa-dri is huge package. Uncompressed 56 Mb. It is not my intent to include it at this stage.
I will create xorg-high.sfs for it when this build is at the stage I will create a repo for it. But not yet.

pemasu

#41 Post by pemasu »

Dpup Wheezy 3.5.2.1 has been uploaded. It consists of addition of libdrm-radeon1 deb, zzkmod-0.0.1.pet with slight modification. Wheezy database has meanwhile updated several xorg - xserver_xorg packages....so the development still goes...we are in good timetable here now....
I fixed the DISTRO_PET_REPOS bug, now more recent apps has been downloaded from Barry`s repos. Thank you Radky.

This build has rerwin`s latest b43-bcma-brcm-wl logistic files including improved system scripts....from dpup exprimo thread.
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 167#649167

For my intel/ati laptop dual graphics....intel and ati graphics both works when I switch them in the BIOS.

So....I hope radeon now works. Nouveau works as it works, no nv_drv.so xorg driver yet. Intel_drv.so works for me.

To get xorg-high ie /usr/lib/dri/* ie mesa-dri drivers, install from repo: libgl1-mesa-dri.

Cups prints for me.

What does not work. Xorgwizard. If I run it, only driver which starts X is vesa. I cant get intel or radeon xorg driver loaded correctly. Error message is screen not found in xerrs.log and Xorg.0.log. Well...definitively something is not created correctly. Probably xorg.conf misses some section....just guessing.

Download link: http://smokey01.com/pemasu/DpupWheezy/DpupWheezy3521/

Kernel sources link is in the first page.

pemasu

#42 Post by pemasu »

First new bug found when woof downloaded newer pets. Pfilesearch-1.32 does not work. It breaks Pfind.
Pfilesearch-1.31 seems to be ok. I use Pfind-4.25, because none newer one has worked for me.
Attachments
pfilesearch-1.31.pet
(9.71 KiB) Downloaded 889 times

peebee

#43 Post by peebee »

Hi pemasu
Broadcom wifi (wl driver) now working fine with the new version.

Error messages about inode errors still flash up on reboot/shutdown - too fast to capture...

Cheers
peebee

pemasu

#44 Post by pemasu »

Thanks Peebee. You were fast !
Good to hear that wireless module loading now works and that included rerwin`s broadcom logistic files seems to work for you.
pmodemdiag script creates now tar ball which includes the needed file for debugging broadcom logistic if there is problems. Include that pmodemdiag tar ball to your bug report...if you have need.

majorfoo

#45 Post by majorfoo »

Booted Live Wheezy 3521

Sound - ok
Did not auto connect to internet - I have Intel PCI 10/100 Ethernet Controller

Following Icons on Desktop do not work

Write = Abiword
Calc = Gnumeric
Chat = Pidgin
Email = Slypheed
Mplayer = Gxineshell

Looking at other components - will advise if find addtional

pemasu

#46 Post by pemasu »

Majorfoo. Yeah. Icons are still defective. I havent touched to them yet. I will do the job when the core works good enough.
Abiword from debian wheezy needs gtk-3.0, so it is out. Gnumeric might work ok, if you install all the dependencies.

When you say that network is not autoconnected, do you mean that you cant manually get network connected. if you mean that, please post the result of this command in console: dmesg > dmesg.gz
as attachment.

majorfoo

#47 Post by majorfoo »

pemasu wrote:Majorfoo. Yeah. Icons are still defective. I havent touched to them yet. I will do the job when the core works good enough.
Abiword from debian wheezy needs gtk-3.0, so it is out. Gnumeric might work ok, if you install all the dependencies.

When you say that network is not autoconnected, do you mean that you cant manually get network connected. if you mean that, please post the result of this command in console: dmesg > dmesg.gz
as attachment.
I can manually connect to the internet - no problem.
Most Puppies I use auto connect to the internet on boot up

You are a busy fellow. Don't know how you keep so many balls bouncing at one time
Appreciate your dedication to Puppy and the new versions that you provide.

rerwin

#48 Post by rerwin »

majorfoo,
I can manually connect to the internet - no problem.
Most Puppies I use auto connect to the internet on boot up
This is the kind of report I am looking for. Please PM me a pmodemdiag file taken when you first notice the problem upon bootup, so I can see if my change to the module loader is involved. Thanks.
Richard

James C

#49 Post by James C »

Fresh manual frugal install on the Athlon XP box....... booted to the correct 1440x900 resolution with working sound and internet.

# report-video
Dpup Wheezy, version 3.5.2.1 on Tue 28 Aug 2012

Chip description:
0.0 VGA compatible controller
NVIDIA Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8x] (rev c1)
oem: NVidia
product: NV18 () Board Chip Rev A2

X Server: Xorg
Driver used: nouveau

X.Org version: 1.12.3
dimensions: 1440x900 pixels (380x238 millimeters)
depth of root window: 16 planes

...the above also recorded in /tmp/root/ as report-video,
and archived with xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log as report-video-full.gz
#

Code: Select all

Multimedia audio controller		: VIA Technologies, Inc. VT8233/A/8235/8237 AC97 Audio Controller 
Ethernet controller		: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ 
VGA compatible controller		: NVIDIA Corporation NV18 [GeForce4 MX 440 AGP 8x] 
Updated Firefox to 15.0 as well.....no problem.

Billtoo

Dpup Wheezy. Woof2 built debian wheezy packages based Puppy

#50 Post by Billtoo »

I did a manual frugal install to the hard drive.

# report-video
Dpup Wheezy, version 3.5.2.1 on Wed 29 Aug 2012

Chip description:
0.0 VGA compatible controller
Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 65x/M650/740 PCI/AGP VGA Display Adapter
oem: SiS
product: 6325 1.05.00

X Server: Xorg
Driver used: sis

X.Org version: 1.12.3
dimensions: 1440x900 pixels (411x263 millimeters)
depth of root window: 16 planes

Computer
Processor mobile AMD Duron(tm)
Memory 708MB (89MB used)
Operating System Unknown distribution
User Name root (root)
Date/Time Wed 29 Aug 2012 01:14:22 AM EDT

Processor
Name mobile AMD Duron(tm)
Family, model, stepping 6, 7, 0 (AMD Duron (Morgan))
Vendor AuthenticAMD
Configuration
Cache Size 64kb
Frequency 850.05MHz
BogoMIPS 1700.93
Byte Order Little Endian

Firefox updated to 15.0 and seemed to be working okay but crashed. I
restarted it and it's working again, posting from it now.