Dpup Wheezy. Woof-CE built debian wheezy 7.2 packages used

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
Pelo

SSR can be used by DPUP. Nice work. No Qt libs to add..

#781 Post by Pelo »

YES, your package Simple Screen recorder works first try.. on my laptop Medion p7624 . SSR can be used by DPUP. Nice work. No Qt libs to add..
Ready for use... :)
SSR is one of newer apps available.
Don't forget to activate capture in retrovol.
Setting are High Quality, changed to MP4 or AVI and 15 frames per second
:? I will retunn to DPUP Squeeze, Lot a nice applis were provided by Pemasu. I will try SSR with Squeeze too.

Smithy

#782 Post by Smithy »

This one Pelo?
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Medion-Ako ... 405.0.html

I wonder if NVIDIA GT630M drivers would make a difference to the frame rate.

Could be a good time to remix Dpup with all video drivers built in, Inkscape lite fixes, firewall state and all the other great work from OscarTalks and others.

Still a valid Debian 7 os imo. See, they love their PETS over there.. :wink:
Attachments
image-1.png
(74.18 KiB) Downloaded 339 times

Pelo

Dolby system available in Puppy

#783 Post by Pelo »

Yes, my computer is this one. About nvidia, nvidia optimus is not supported by Linux. What i would prefer is Dolby system available in Puppy :!: A Dream, only a dream.

Pelo

The idea was to include apps just created in the Puppy Menu

#784 Post by Pelo »

it's nice to get new apps available for our Puppy Linux. That is what i wanted to explain in french forum francophone here , Pemasu Spirit
The idea was to include apps just created in the Puppy Menu, to make known our devs?. That was fine.
To get SSR available for Dpup is well in this spirit. Bravo :!: And it works very well.
Always in the Pemasu spirit i tried Wex, new app suggested by mcewanw. Try it on your puppies (version portable should work)

bruno

AMD driver

#785 Post by bruno »

How to get the AMD driver in Wheezy for the HD5450 graphics card?
I think it must be the Catalist 15.9 , if that is compatible with Wheezy

Pelo

Bruno, unfortunatly i cannot help on this matter.

#786 Post by Pelo »

Bruno, unfortunatly i cannot help on this matter.

Smithy

#787 Post by Smithy »

Bruno, there might be something on this page that will help you:

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 492#741492
Micko got something together.

and Barry did something here : http://barryk.org/blog/?viewDetailed=01931
But jiggery pokery might be involved.

I had a look at AMD web page and the HD5450 but then it took one to the latest download and said we no longer support legacy cards, and suggested buying a new graphics card..
Now I remember why I stick with Intel for Puppy, at least they are open sauce.

Thought Mesa was quite good these days?

bruno

#788 Post by bruno »

Thanks Smithy, but the instructions on that link are a little too complicated for my nooby brain :shock:
Pemasu did make a nvidia driver for Wheezy, but not a Catalyst.
For Upup Raring he supplied a good driver for the AMD card: the 13.4 catalyst driver. I'm using that driver on Upup Raring, it works perfect with the HD5450 card, but I think it will not work for Wheezy, because it's for the 3.9.9 kernel?

Pelo

a Puppy heats more than another, and why ?

#789 Post by Pelo »

it seems that Dpup wheezy temperature goes fast to 80°. Is that normal ?
Tempicon was installed for my old laptop, but even on new laptop, i reach a heat that seems unusual (82 red zone)
With different Puppy temp (hard info) remains under 60°
Is that possible that a Puppy heats more than another, and why ?
Cpu Temperature
Attachments
sensors.jpg
Installed tempicon
(44.91 KiB) Downloaded 455 times

OscarTalks

#790 Post by OscarTalks »

Dpup Wheezy has PPLOG (personal blog) as an installed package with a menu entry, but this depends on hiawatha webserver which is missing.

I compiled the latest version (10.4) of hiawatha in Wheezy.
This is much newer than the one in most Puppies.
Use it to bring PPLOG to life or if you wish to host a website or other files on your own computer.

Also I compiled the latest version (1.0.44) of pure-ftpd ftp server, which is much newer than the included version in case anyone wishes to upgrade. It contains the latest tools for login authentication.

One other thing, I have been experimenting a bit with the latest version (2.11.0) of Pidgin messenger which I compiled in Wheezy. I have included the google hangouts plugin and the skype plugin. Not sure if anyone is interested in this but it does work in some other Puppies too.
http://smokey01.com/OscarTalks
Oscar in England

Pelo

but not yet tested pigdin

#791 Post by Pelo »

merci oscar talks. i have been browsing for 4 years now applications provided by our speedy Puppy Linux, but not yet tested pigdin. I should try. Never i have used my builtin camera until now. Communication with my friends and relatives postponed because to much time wasted in tasting puplets. Dpup wheezy is a really nice one.
But i was there to post about PPM. It seems dependencies are no longer available... Your feed back please Welcome.