Puppy on pandaboard

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
dim-kut

Puppy on pandaboard

#1 Post by dim-kut »

Hi all,
Puppy Pi now is in alfa version already. So good.

I am working on similar theme. I am trying to build system whith frugal boot mode (like puppy) and mouse and fingers user interface. With fingers interface it will can work in devices with touch screen like tablets.

I have two arm devices - pandaboard and pocketbook IQ701 (ebook with android). I will try to run my system on ebook.

I am building system from debian with my script for dowload and unpack packages. I use e17 window manager, it has special mode for tablets - illume and widgets for fingers and mouse - elementary. e17 is in active development now. I builded and use: efl-1.7.0, e17, midori-0.4.6

At current time e17 works on my pandaboard and i am trying to up audio and network. Boot mode - frugal. Locale - russian.

I think the theme is interesting and perspective.

My blog (on russian): dim-kut.livejournal.com If my packages is interesting for you, i can share them.

starhawk

#2 Post by starhawk »

Dim-kut, you've got some very interesting goings-on. How much do you know about ARM?

...also, you might be interested to know that my surname is Havel. My father's grandfather was from Russia, I believe.