Mouse macro

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
Artie

Mouse macro

#1 Post by Artie »

I was wondering if there is a pet that can record several mouse entries in one go? When I start puppy there are some other programs I always start too such as a portable edition of dropbox. To start dropbox I first click on sda1 and then the dropbox icon in the folder and then close the window. I do this with some other programs too. Are there any pets who can simply record the mouse movements and clicks so I can click play or something just once and have the rest done automatically? I seem to remember once I used something like that on Windows.

666philb

#2 Post by 666philb »

hi artie

i don't know the answer to your original question, but why not just drag and drop the dropbox portable to /root/startup and choose 'link relative' .... this will auto start dropbox at startup
Bionicpup64 built with bionic beaver packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=114311
Xenialpup64, built with xenial xerus packages http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=107331

01micko

#3 Post by 01micko »

Yeah, this little binary can do mouse movements, mouse clicks, key presses. Source
./xevent
Usage: xevent keycode [102]
or: xevent -a x y
or: xevent -r dx dy
or: xevent -b <but> [102]
Put it in your path and have a play.

However, what 666philb suggests is probably a better solution to your problem.
Attachments
xevent.tar.gz
(2.61 KiB) Downloaded 301 times
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

Artie

#4 Post by Artie »

I have tried the startup folder with different programs sometimes it works sometimes not and recording mouse movements is much more flexible. I'll try your little binary exactly what do I do with it and how does it work? :)

disciple

#5 Post by disciple »

There're also things like xnee, xmacro and xautomation.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER