Lupu 5.20 using wrong kernel

Please post any bugs you have found
Bruce B

#16 Post by Bruce B »

01micko,

I changed all hostnames which were localhost -> RIPLinuX

I guess, I'll check in a couple days to see if they stay persistent, I think they will because they are all entries I made in text files.

Bruce

~

starhawk

#17 Post by starhawk »

Shoulda asked me for a desktop IDE drive. I've got a two-drawer metal file cabinet FULL of the blasted things. The bottom drawer is the under-40gb crowd. Can't get rid of any of 'em!

Speed's the name of the game and SATA's where it's at now. NOBODY gives a rat's ### about the "old" IDE type drives anymore.

...heck, you want some backup drives, in case the one you bought fails? Shoot me a pm. I'll send you five drives for $25, if you got Paypal. (Paypal's great -- and it works for a lot more than eBay!)

01micko

#18 Post by 01micko »

Bruce B wrote:01micko,

I changed all hostnames which were localhost -> RIPLinuX

I guess, I'll check in a couple days to see if they stay persistent, I think they will because they are all entries I made in text files.

Bruce

~
I think the kernel was looking for a sane hostname and picked up on RIPLinuX. I don't think "localhost" is a good choice since it's the default for FQDN.
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access

8-bit

#19 Post by 8-bit »

starhawk wrote:Shoulda asked me for a desktop IDE drive. I've got a two-drawer metal file cabinet FULL of the blasted things. The bottom drawer is the under-40gb crowd. Can't get rid of any of 'em!

Speed's the name of the game and SATA's where it's at now. NOBODY gives a rat's ### about the "old" IDE type drives anymore.

...heck, you want some backup drives, in case the one you bought fails? Shoot me a pm. I'll send you five drives for $25, if you got Paypal. (Paypal's great -- and it works for a lot more than eBay!)
Think you have fun? I have pata drives in the 1 to 4 gig category!
And believe it or not, there are a lot of people that would see those 40gig drives as gold.
If I actually had a PayPal account, I would take you up on your offer.