Is there a way to keep installed packages updated?

Using applications, configuring, problems
Jezo

Is there a way to keep installed packages updated?

#1 Post by Jezo »

Sort of how like on a yum system I can run yum update all and it will go out, scan the whole system, scan the repositories for updates,and make sure everything installed is up to date.

Is there a way to do anything like that with Puppy or at least have a way to do them one by one?

Dingo

Re: Is there a way to keep installed packages updated?

#2 Post by Dingo »

Jezo wrote:Sort of how like on a yum system I can run yum update all and it will go out, scan the whole system, scan the repositories for updates,and make sure everything installed is up to date.

Is there a way to do anything like that with Puppy or at least have a way to do them one by one?
Unfortunately, Puppy Linux does not offer a tool to damage the system by the part of user like Ubuntu, but, if you MANUALLY remove files, libs and replace symlinks, you can easily have the impression to be into Ubuntu and finally reach your goal that is the full crash of system

I agree that would be better to have an automatic crashing tool, it is annoying to have every day a working system 8)

some MORE SERIOUS DISTRO (Ubuntu) effectively provide more fun to its upgraders that puppy does not provide
replace .co.cc with .info to get access to stuff I posted in forum
dropbox 2GB free
OpenOffice for Puppy Linux

bark_bark_bark

Re: Is there a way to keep installed packages updated?

#3 Post by bark_bark_bark »

Dingo wrote:I agree that would be better to have an automatic crashing tool, it is annoying to have every day a working system 8)
Wow my $500 PC makes a good paperweight. :shock: