making file system usable = failed

Using applications, configuring, problems
bonsaicult

making file system usable = failed

#1 Post by bonsaicult »

Hi, I've been running puppy for years and just encountered my first ever problem.
I'm sure that this problem is not because of puppy, but rather the computer I'm using it on.
this machine is a Dell Inspiron 1100, and it is as buggy as I've ever encountered, I have tried no less than 6 distros of linux from live cd's and nothing plays well with this machine.
I was on my 6th distro while talking with a computer technician friend, explaining what was going on with this machine because he has the exact same laptop and had the exact same problems trying to install linux, when he said to me," toss in the slacko pup disk", which after that distro failed, I put a cd with Dpup that I had downloaded to try into the cd tray, because my slacko pup cd was in my only Micro$oft computer because winxp and $even constantly bluescreens.....
Of course puppy was up and running before we finished our conversation, but, after a full install, when the computer boots up, and the first line to verbose across the screen says:
Making the file system useable ------------- Failed
It runs just fine, it just concerns me that I see this.
Barry, great distro, I usually reserve Puppy for older and less powerful/capable machines
Thanks for any and all help.

Karl Godt

#2 Post by Karl Godt »

echo "MAKE FILESYSTEM USABLE"
from /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit should also be found in /tmp/bootsysinit.log with probably errormessages from mount /proc or such like .