Where does JWM look for tasklist tray icons?

Booting, installing, newbie
capicoso

#1 Post by capicoso »

^ as title says.
Where does it look for the program icons? For example, on menu-internet- i have iron web browser, with the icon. When i open it, in the tasklist i dont have the iron tab with the icon, just a big red X. Same happens with other programs, puredata, yoshimi, etc. thanks

liro

#2 Post by liro »

I had the same problem with Firefox, but fixed it with this solution (by Semme):

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=80434

I'm not sure if the sequence of folders is the same for the programs you mentioned, but I'm sure someone else will know...

capicoso

#3 Post by capicoso »

bump.

Thanks but nope, it's a different problem i think.

I've tried many things and still no luck.

Anyone?

Monsie

#4 Post by Monsie »

capicoso,

Are you referring to the desktop configuration files which amongst other things can include the application icon? If so, the .desktop files are found here: --> /usr/share/applications directory.

Monsie
My [u]username[/u] is pronounced: "mun-see". Derived from my surname, it was my nickname throughout high school.

Jasper

#5 Post by Jasper »

Hi,

The picture below shows capicoso's problem. In my case it also applies to a few apps (all different from those already mentioned).

I did once spend spend an hour+ trying to change this, but I failed.

My regards
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
This picture width is more than 600 pixels
(7.11 KiB) Downloaded 201 times

duke93535

#6 Post by duke93535 »

I believe you may be trying to change the gtkdialog icons for the gtkdialog apps, which in most cases are just using the generic X icon. This is why I don’t just show the icon in the tasklist, but also the name.

You can change this in /root/.jwmrc-tray (hit eye in rox, it is hidden) by editing it to read like so:

Code: Select all

<TaskList maxwidth=