Where is php.ini file?

Booting, installing, newbie
captnemo

Where is php.ini file?

#1 Post by captnemo »

I've looked in the usual places and used pfind to scan the whole file system for a php.ini file, but there isn't one. I need to increase my post_max_size and upload_max_filesize parameters.

I'm running Slacko 5.3.3 with Hiawatha and PHP all running perfectly, doing web development.

phpinfo returns all valid info and says php.ini is located at /usr/local/lib but it's not there.

This is crazy. Any ideas?

darkcity

#2 Post by darkcity »

are you using roxfiler? is it set to display hidden files - left click the on the eye.

is it possible the file hasnt been created?

L18L

Re: Where is php.ini file?

#3 Post by L18L »

captnemo wrote:...Any ideas?
If there was a php.ini it could overwrite the builtin defaults.
but php does not need a php.ini
Puppy versions like to be slim so having no php.ini is more than OK
in another thread you wrote: It shows a location where it expects an ini file but it's not there. And below that it confirms that no configuration file was read.
So your problem is solved now :?:

captnemo

#4 Post by captnemo »

Yes. My question is answered. I've learned that PHP can run on internal defaults and that's what it's doing.

To reply to the comment about Rox. Yes, I use Rox but to look for the ini file I used find / -name php.ini, which will find it for sure if it's on the machine.

Now I'm faced with creating an appropriate ini file because I need to change various things, such as the upload limit, from the defaults. So that's the new project. haha.