No sound from internet (You tube etc) SOLVED

Using applications, configuring, problems
darkcity

#16 Post by darkcity »

Great! I've learned stuff helping you, so we have both benefited.

If you edit, your first post's title to [solved] No sound from internet (You tube etc) it helps :twisted:

Pelo

Titus is not alone.

#17 Post by Pelo »

Delete etc/ asound, i reboot, and then all is working ?
My slackos work well, but the idea perhaps is valuable on other dumb puppies (old ones with new computers, even with alsa driver 10.1.24)
I shall try And inform you.
Have a nice week-end.

darkcity

Re: Titus is not alone.

#18 Post by darkcity »

Pelo wrote:Delete etc/ asound, i reboot, and then all is working ?
My slackos work well, but the idea perhaps is valuable on other dumb puppies (old ones with new computers, even with alsa driver 10.1.24)
I shall try And inform you.
Have a nice week-end.
In this case Puppy was frugally installed and the sound worked. But alsa-wizard was run - which broke the sound on this particular system.

The solution was to do a 'live' boot, then mount the pupsave file used for the frugal installation. Then delete /etc/modprode.d/alas.conf, /etc/modprobe.d/alsa-base.conf and /etc/asound.conf. Then reboot into frugal installation. This in effect reverts those file back to the state before alsa-wizard broke altered them.

To reiterate, the solution will only work if sound works straight away without alsa-wizard. Also the files should only be deleted when the usual pupsave isn't in use.

@Pelo - have you got a specific sound problem on a computer?