FLTK 1.3.0 - Fluid GUI Designer

Miscellaneous tools
OscarTalks

FLTK 1.3.0 - Fluid GUI Designer

#1 Post by OscarTalks »

Fast Light Toolkit
Any use to anyone?

http://fltk.org

"FLTK provides modern GUI functionality without the bloat and supports 3D graphics via OpenGL® and its built-in GLUT emulation.

FLTK is designed to be small and modular enough to be statically linked, but works fine as a shared library. FLTK also includes an excellent UI builder called FLUID (Fast Light User Interface Designer) that can be used to create applications in minutes."
Oscar in England

L18L

Re: FLTK 1.3.0 - Fluid GUI Designer

#2 Post by L18L »

OscarTalks wrote:Any use to anyone?
t-i-n-y-c-o-r-e... seems to use it...... :lol:

But it is not for international use:
FLTK Programming Manual wrote: The Unicode Standard

The Unicode Standard was originally developed by a consortium of mainly US computer manufacturers and developers of multi-lingual software. It has now become a defacto standard for character encoding, and is supported by most of the major computing companies in the world.

Before Unicode, many different systems, on different platforms, had been developed for encoding characters for different languages, but no single encoding could satisfy all languages. Unicode provides access to over 100,000 characters used in all the major languages written today, and is independent of platform and language.

Unicode also provides higher-level concepts needed for text processing and typographic publishing systems, such as algorithms for sorting and comparing text, composite character and text rendering, right-to-left and bi-directional text handling.

There are currently no plans to add this extra functionality to FLTK.
quoted from:http://www.fltk.org/doc-1.3/unicode.html

ariel

#3 Post by ariel »

I've tried this package but I can't get it to compile programs. It seems the g++ compiler can't see the libraries included in the packages.

I've tried to add the libs in $PATH and to symlink these same libs in /usr/share/cmake/include/ to no avail :(

I had FLTK compiling once. So, I know it should work in some way.

any suggestion :?:

ariel

#4 Post by ariel »

my bad. It happened that I was trying to compile old programs that had a slightly different grammar than new ones.

I've recompiled and now everything seems to be fine :lol: