Remastered live CD does not include Wine installation

Using applications, configuring, problems
nic007

Remastered live CD does not include Wine installation

#1 Post by nic007 »

I`m running a frugal install of puppy 4.12. I have wine installed which is obviously on the save file. Now, when I want to remaster live cd, I get errors when I want to include the wine directory (it will not be included automatically). Also, I have noticed that installing wine after a complete hd install, wine will either not install properly or not work. Why is this?

badab99

#2 Post by badab99 »

no clue.. I just remastered my install by using squashfs on / of a hdd install then replacing luci.sfs file with mine.. worked like a champ except xwin has to start manually. will tackle that when time allows.

squash your root/
burn normal flash disk.
replace NORMAL.sfs with yours renamed to NORMAL.sfs.

easy peasy

when you figure out xwin lock let me know.. thks.

CatDude

#3 Post by CatDude »

Hello badab99
badab99 wrote:...when you figure out xwin lock let me know.. thks.
I'll hazard a wild guess at this one.

Maybe (just maybe) it is caused by the presence of this file in your new .sfs: /etc/.XLOADED
If that file is indeed present in your new .sfs, then it needs to be removed/deleted.

CatDude
[img]http://www.smokey01.com/CatDude/.temp/sigs/acer-futile.gif[/img]

Karl Godt

#4 Post by Karl Godt »

Wine has several files in the /root/.wine directory .

The default remaster script has code to explicitly copy some few folders from /root but not much , and also for /etc and ignores a hell mass like /etc/.config/rox*/MIME-Types .

The remaster script is for really low RAM/HDD usage . I have changed the code to use more space on the HDD by not using mksquashfs every time but using rsync and cp -a commands first and mksquashfs at the very end .

I have changed it to copy /etc and /root completely and after that removing /etc/.XLOADED as Catdude states , /etc/asound.state , /etc/X11/xorg.conf for /etc . Not sure about /etc/init.d for now .
The directories in /root that my code deletes in the working [tmp] directory are /root/.mozilla , /root/.opera , /root/Downloads , /root/Mail for example .
«Give me GUI or Death» -- I give you [[Xx]term[inal]] [[Cc]on[s][ole]] .
Macpup user since 2010 on full installations.
People who want problems with Puppy boot frugal :P