Default PHP.INI File

Using applications, configuring, problems
captnemo

Default PHP.INI File

#1 Post by captnemo »

I'm running Slacko 5.3.3 with Hiawatha and PHP. All is running fine but I need to make some adjustments to the php.ini file.

However, it turns out there IS no php.ini file with my installation. find / -name php.ini turns up nothing. PHP is apparently running on internal defaults.

So I'm looking for a "typical" default php.ini file to use as a starting point for configuring this thing.

The first bit of phpinfo() is shown below. It shows a location where it expects an ini file but it's not there. And below that it confirms that no configuration file was read.

System Linux puppypc27816 3.1.10-slacko_4gA #1 SMP Tue Mar 13 14:58:11 EST 2012 i686
Build Date Dec 20 2007 09:55:00
Configure Command ./configure --enable-fastcgi --enable-discard-path --enable-force-cgi-redirect
Server API CGI/FastCGI
Virtual Directory Support disabled
Configuration File (php.ini) Path /usr/local/lib
Loaded Configuration File (none)
PHP API 20041225
PHP Extension 20060613
Zend Extension 220060519
Debug Build no
Thread Safety disabled
Zend Memory Manager enabled
IPv6 Support enabled
Registered PHP Streams php, file, data, http, ftp
Registered Stream Socket Transports tcp, udp, unix, udg
Registered Stream Filters string.rot13, string.toupper, string.tolower, string.strip_tags, convert.*, consumed, convert.iconv.*

captnemo

#2 Post by captnemo »

I just want to mention that this is solved.

I didn't realize that PHP checks the web site's root directory for a file called php.ini and that this file only needs to contain the parameters you wish to set or override. I had assumed that my php.ini file had to be a complete ini file and that the php engine would read my ini file instead of the existing one.

Silly me.