Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sun 19 Nov 2017, 01:10
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
pAVrecord Video/webcam recorder (mpeg4, Theora, x264)
Page 7 of 8 [119 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Pelo

PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep 2016, 06:19    Post subject: We run included apps to keep speedy our puppy  

We run included apps to keep speedy our puppy. Try what is offered before searching elsewhere. The only missing tool in pAVrecord was to draw the zone to screencast with your mouse, as xVidcap.
I agree that Slacko can now include SSR in its menu. SSR works perfectly

Pelo

PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep 2016, 06:35    Post subject: Newest versions of pAVrecord have been improved.  

Sailor Enceladus wrote:
mcewanw wrote:
But I don't understand why you are still using pAVrecord when weX will work fine in XenialPup or XenialDog (and recent FatDog) for screencasts and with area/window selection, follow mouse capability all with SSR quality.

Robert123 wrote:
Why run out of old ones from Noah's Ark - filling old threads with useless rantings.

Slacko comes with pavRecord, even the newest Slacko 6.9.5.

Newest versions of pAVrecord have been improved. Does this one fit your needs ?

mcewanw

PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep 2016, 09:00    Post subject: Much improved X11 record quality addon attached  

@Pelo (or anyone really...):

If you are using a newish Puppy (which may have a newer ffmpeg installed) you could try out the following 'hijack plugin' for X11screencast. If it works for your system ffmpeg then you will get far better X11 screencast video quality. Just remove the dummy tar and put the attached file in your /root/.pavrecord folder. Then start pavrecord and try making a screencast. Let me know if it worked for you...

EDIT: If the ffmpeg on your system won't work with X11GRAB.hijack.tar, it may means it is an older ffmpeg which doesn't understand the -thread_queue_size option in there. If so, try the alternative X11GRAB.hijack.olderffmpeg.tar instead, which I have also now uploaded to this post. Note you must place this in /root/.pavrecord AND remove the dummy .olderffmpeg.tar end part of the name (the filename should always end up as X11GRAB.hijack for it to be recognised by pavrecord.

pAVrecord will then recognise the file and use the command inside it instead of that inside its own internal code for screencast encoding. If it works on your system it will give same screencast encoding quality as SSR, though you would be advised to later use the newer weX program instead since that also includes mouse selection of capture area or window, plus the option to embed webcam video in your screencast.

William
X11GRAB.hijack.olderffmpeg.tar
Description  For older ffmpeg use: just remove the dummy .olderffmpeg.tar
tar

Download 
Filename  X11GRAB.hijack.olderffmpeg.tar 
Filesize  364 Bytes 
Downloaded  56 Time(s) 
X11GRAB.hijack.tar
Description  Just remove dummy .tar and put file in /root/.pavrecord
tar

Download 
Filename  X11GRAB.hijack.tar 
Filesize  386 Bytes 
Downloaded  62 Time(s) 

Last edited by mcewanw on Thu 01 Sep 2016, 19:00; edited 3 times in total
Pelo

PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep 2016, 09:42    Post subject: Bookmarked.  

Bookmarked.

Aparte :
Puprescue Puppy (Lucid) tries to repair my Pendrive, right now.
This morning my video about Ptheme was good quality (technically),

mcewanw

PostPosted: Thu 01 Sep 2016, 16:06    Post subject: improving X11 screencast encoding quality in pavrecord  

I've uploaded a second possible X11GRAB.hijack, to my post immediately above, should you find the first one doesn't work with the ffmpeg on your system.

This alternative, X11GRAB.hijack.olderffmpeg.tar, is for systems with older ffmpeg. For such older systems you again need to place this in /root/.pavrecord and remove the dummy .olderffmpeg.tar from the filename such that it is named only X11GRAB.hijack.

pAVrecord will then recognise the file and use the command inside it instead of that inside its own internal code for screencast encoding. If it works on your system it will give same screencast encoding quality as SSR, though you would be advised to later use the newer weX program instead since that also includes mouse selection of capture area or window.

William

Pelo

PostPosted: Sat 03 Sep 2016, 07:48    Post subject: Test with Fluxbox 160 Oldyellers OldFFMPEG successfull
Subject description: UpUp Issued jul 2013 / pAVrecord 9.00/ Avidemux 2.55

Test with Fluxbox 160 Oldyellers (Kernel 3.9.11) released july 2013.
OldFFMPEG successfull
This alternative, X11GRAB.hijack.olderffmpeg.tar, is for systems with older ffmpeg. For such older systems you again need to place this in /root/.pavrecord and remove the dummy .olderffmpeg.tar from the filename such that it is named only X11GRAB.hijack.
I will do a short video loaded Youtube. I will give you Link.
How to judge Quality ? I only make screencasts to remember process how to do some Linux settings. Generally quality is very high because pixels are not moving a lot on the screen.
it's a very long time to do. Not yet tested tools.

mcewanw

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep 2016, 04:13    Post subject:  

Thanks for your report Pelo. Good to hear the addon worked with the ffmpeg on Fluxbox 160.

I feel that Puppy app development will cease or end up not being shared if sharing doesn't even result in any feedback. You are currently the only person giving any feedback of any sort, on any of my apps anyway, so much appreciated.

William

greengeek

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep 2016, 04:28    Post subject: Re: Much improved X11 record quality addon attached  

mcewanw wrote:
... you could try out the following 'hijack plugin' for X11screencast. If it works for your system ffmpeg then you will get far better X11 screencast video quality.
Hi William - how do I use pavrecord for screencast? It seems to record only the webcam.
cheers
mcewanw

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep 2016, 04:40    Post subject:  

First of all greengeek, I strongly suggest you try one of the addons to pavrecord I uploaded a few post above - you have to choose the one to suit your ffmpeg (if it works it works...). These addons should help give you good screencast quality (prior to them results weren't so good with pavrecord, but, if lucky, quality could prove to be very good now).

Then open config GUI of pavrecord and you simply need to fill in the SCREENCAST details starting with clicking checkbox 'select' (which means select screencast rather than video recording). Only real disadvantage of pavrecord for screencasting is that you can't select capture area with mouse, you have to enter the coordinates (X and Y offset from top left screen corner, and Width x Height manually). Try say, WxH = 1200 x 760 (or whatever your full screen resolution is) - best to make both W and H divisible by 16, but doesn't really matter. And Display 0.0: and Xoffset=0 and Yoffset=0. I'd go for mkv or avi container and maybe audio mp3 (whatever bitrate for that you want - or use default selection for that). The above 'hijack plugin addon' forces use of libx264, but that is normally the best choice anyway cos gives great quality (chosen to be same as Simple Screen Recorder default).

Then just press Record button and it should work... Good thing about pavrecord on older systems is that it has setting to allow you to adjust audio sync until the seconds delay suits your particular system.

Hope that helps,

William

Pelo

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep 2016, 04:54    Post subject: pAVrecord version 0.9.0.6 is available in PPM  

Exclamation pAVrecord version 0.9.0.6 is available in PPM
français, voir ici.
About no return from people making videos screen casts, don't worry.
I hope our puppy users shall began to show how to do, better than writing it. It's so easier, even for foreigners, to understand with a video.
Many people write here to ask help to install their Puppy Linux. That is true that we don't know what they do with it later.
Non registered passengers, join us ! (no need to be a programmer, just be user !)
Of course devs can use pAVrecord too, always in their multimedia menu.
Argolance provides an improved version of drec for ToOpPy, his baby Puppy (Precise 5.7.1).
One tool is not better than another, they have differences that get them powerful for a situation, or for user knowledge
Exclamation Don't forget to toggle grab, as i did just now
mandibule.jpg
 Description   PPM
 Filesize   40.46 KB
 Viewed   157 Time(s)

mandibule.jpg

Pelo

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep 2016, 05:18    Post subject: mcewanw you should do a tutorial video  

mcewanw you should do a tutorial video to show how-to-do, with pAVrecord of course Exclamation
Robert123

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep 2016, 05:37    Post subject: Re: mcewanw you should do a tutorial video  

Pelo wrote:
mcewanw you should do a tutorial video to show how-to-do, with pAVrecord of course Exclamation

Or you could have politely asked:
Mcewanw would you mind doing a tutorial video to show how-to-do, with PAVrecord of course please.

Pelo

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep 2016, 06:15    Post subject: Robert123, you have been working together a long time  

robert123, we have been working together a long time, Mcewanw and me, we know how to welcome each other. Isn'it Mcewanw ?
Version 9.0.6 is ok for you, robert123, or is there anything to improve ?
Explain it in French, here, ... if you have some difficulties with English, as me !

Last edited by Pelo on Mon 05 Sep 2016, 02:29; edited 2 times in total
greengeek

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep 2016, 18:58    Post subject:  

mcewanw wrote:
First of all greengeek, I strongly suggest you try one of the addons to pavrecord I uploaded a few post above
Yep - did that. I downloaded the version for older ffmpeg.

Quote:
Then open config GUI of pavrecord and you simply need to fill in the SCREENCAST details starting with clicking checkbox 'select' (which means select screencast rather than video recording).
This is where I am coming unstuck. I am not seeing a screencast option. Am I in the right config gui?:
pav_gui.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   122.6 KB
 Viewed   105 Time(s)

pav_gui.jpg

mcewanw

PostPosted: Sun 04 Sep 2016, 19:44    Post subject:  

Hi greengeek,

That's a very old pavrecord. Seems I hadn't added screencast at that point. Simply remove your old /root/.pavrecord directory, then download pavrecord version 9.0.5 dotpet from the first post of this thread, and install it. Then also copy the new X11GRAB.hijack...file addon to /root/.pavrecord and all should be good...

EDIT: Oh, I see it did include screencast - you would have to activate the checkbox x11grab for that to work. However, it is an old pavrecord version - I doubt the new X11GRAB.hijack file will work with it since I don't think I had put in the extra code for addons at that stage. Please instead install version 9.0.5, which should be much better (especially with that addon).

William

Page 7 of 8 [119 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to: