R.I.P Cropuppian (marichely)

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
copyg

R.I.P Cropuppian (marichely)

#1 Post by copyg »

I would like to inform you that my father and a great puppy linux lover passed away on monday 15.10.

Since he got introduced to puppy ( back in 2007 or even before was to young to remember) he was a big fanatic of puppy linux. He would talk about puppy on a daily basis promoting it on his every step. Back in 2007 he also joined a Croatian linux exchange community called razmjena vjestina on which he would represent puppy linux every single saturday. I remember him with his puppy linux shirt and a laptop hanging on his arm with a huge grin on his face just before heading off to one of those.
I remember him telling me success stories of him convincing people through his puppy linux presentations and installion help attempts.. he took extreeme pride in puppy linux.

Im still in a huge shock right now so writting anything more would be impossible but i felt like you guys should know since puppy linux was one of the bigger parts of his life.

He used to have a running blog but bluehost took it down due to hacker attempts while he was in coma just before his death.
The blog was/is qmarco.org/blog which ill try my best to restore.
there are some websites i found about him >
http://saturn.ffzg.hr/razmjenavjestina/ ... ianukratko
http://saturn.ffzg.hr/razmjenavjestina/ ... _s_notepad

this is a photo of him http://photos.geni.com/p2/5817/1717/534 ... medium.jpg

Thank you all. hopefully ill get to add more.

Jasper

#2 Post by Jasper »

Hi copyg.

We are very sorry to hear your sad news and we send our condolences and sympathy to you and all who miss him.

Thank you for taking time to inform us and for the picture.

Our regards

cthisbear

#3 Post by cthisbear »

copyg:

My thoughts echo Jaspers.

Regards....Chris.

Artie

#4 Post by Artie »

cthisbear wrote:copyg:

My thoughts echo Jaspers.
Ditto.

Artie

ndujoe1

RIP

#5 Post by ndujoe1 »

Sorry to hear about your loss. Thanks for sharing your experience, grief and fond memories. That's how we all honor those in our live who made a difference

rokytnji

#6 Post by rokytnji »

Sounds like you and Dad were close. Sorry that he passed on. He is probably proud of you.
Will raise a shot glass and pour some on the ground in his memory.

russoodle

#7 Post by russoodle »

Pozdrav copyg, želio bih dodati svoje sućut za vas i vašu obitelj također, i suosjećamo s vama u vašem tužnog gubitka. To je lijepo od vas, u takvim teškim okolnostima, proći ovu vijest na svoga oca kolega
[i][color=Green][size=92]The mud-elephant, wading thru the sea, leaves no tracks..[/size][/color][/i]

Lobster
Official Crustacean

#8 Post by Lobster »

Thank you for letting us know.

May everyone find Peace and Comfort at this time of transition.