I need software to turn eth0 into a USB0

Using applications, configuring, problems
boof

I need software to turn eth0 into a USB0

#1 Post by boof »

I have an hard wired adapter, and want to convert the use of the port to run a printer, as I've run out of usb ports. I see there is a win program so I could try ndis wrapper? Where would I store the win driver in my puppy to make it work, pls?I can't find a compatable usbip program. And I can't get a local folder working in PPM.

rcrsn51

Re: I need software to turn eth0 into a USB0

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

boof wrote:I have an hard wired adapter, and want to convert the use of the port to run a printer, as I've run out of usb ports. I see there is a win program so I could try ndis wrapper? Where would I store the win driver in my puppy to make it work, pls?
Do you already own an adapter that converts an ethernet port into a USB port? Or are you just speculating?

The simplest solution would be to get a USB hub.

boof

#3 Post by boof »

As I said, I own the hard wired adaptor. I can't use an hub because the other devices are a modem and the thunbdrive I run the machine on, and they won't share their ports. I think I can use usbip-0.1.7.orig.tar.gz if I can have a local folder that works in PPM, but sadly, it's not in this version by default.........<grumble, grumble>

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

I'm confused about this adapter - the only ones I have ever seen convert a USB port into an Ethernet port. Do you have a web link to the source of this device?

Or are you talking about accessing a printer that is connected to another machine via this method?