FFConvert error in MP3 transcode

Using applications, configuring, problems
BTCohosh

FFConvert error in MP3 transcode

#1 Post by BTCohosh »

Howdy!

I'm using FFConvert 1.3 with ffmpeg 0.8.12 on Racy 5.3, trying to transcode an MP3 file (from 320 to 128k). FFConvert runs the file for a few seconds, and then exits with this error message:

[libmp3lame @ 0x80760a0] lame: output buffer too small (buffer index: 9195, free bytes: 597)
Audio encoding failed

It works like a dream on video files, but I can't get it to process these audio files.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#2 Post by Flash »

I don't know how to troubleshoot your program. It might help if you told us more, like how much RAM have you and how you're using Puppy (full install, frugal install, from CD with Save file on HD, etc.).

Here's a script that someone in this forum, I forget who, was kind enough to make for me years ago:

Code: Select all

for f in *.mp3;do ffmpeg -i "$f" -y -f mp3  -acodec libmp3lame -ab 32k -ac 1 -ar 22050   /path/to/destination_directory/"$f";done
I've used it hundreds of times to downconvert mp3 files in a directory, from whatever their resolution is to 32 kbps mono mp3. It has never failed to convert all the mp3 files in the source directory, for me. Only thing is, it gives no notification when it's done.

To use it, open a console in the source directory which contains the mp3 files you want to downconvert (click the ` key while in the source directory in ROX), paste the code into the console, fill in the /path/to/destination_directory/, hit Enter and sit back. It ignores non-mp3 files, so the directory can contain other files. :)

BTCohosh

#3 Post by BTCohosh »

Thanks, Flash. I'll try the script when I'm back on my home machine.

I'm using Puppy on a flash install. I think I've got 2 gigs of RAM on my home machine. I'm assuming that b/c the error message includes a reference to liblame that that's where the problem is. Videos have worked just fine, and I would have thought that they'd be the ones to cause the hiccup....