Top of application window off screen

Booting, installing, newbie
snowy

Top of application window off screen

#1 Post by snowy »

The top of one of my application windows (Eudora as it happens) is off screen, so I can't grab the title bar to move it back.

aragon

#2 Post by aragon »

try it with alt + mouse-left-click to move the window back.

aragon

ICPUG

#3 Post by ICPUG »

On the bar at the bottom of the screen you see a mini pictorial representation of the desktops in puppy. One of them will have a rectangle in the place where your Eudora window is. Use your left mouse button and drag the little rectangle down. Eudora will move on the main screen in a similar manner.

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

ICPUG wrote:On the bar at the bottom of the screen you see a mini pictorial representation of the desktops in puppy. One of them will have a rectangle in the place where your Eudora window is. Use your left mouse button and drag the little rectangle down. Eudora will move on the main screen in a similar manner.
I never knew that! But I have to use the right button.

8-bit

#5 Post by 8-bit »

I also never knew that.
And I also have to use the right mouse button.
But that can come in handy.

ICPUG

#6 Post by ICPUG »

You'll have to forgive me guys. I only use this facility occasionally. You are right - it is the right button one uses, not the left as I said.

I can remember how cool I thought this was when I first read it on the forum years ago. So much easier than how to move a misplaced window in that OTHER operating system! That other OS still does not make it easy in their latest release. You can keep your Aeropeek flashiness. I like to have USEFUL functionality!

It's a shame tricks like these get forgotten - or never found by the newbies. The price we pay for not having a really good Puppy reference guide!

snowy

#7 Post by snowy »

Sorry not to have replied. I've been away and not logging in.

Thanks for both suggestions. For me the alt+mouse works but the other solution didn't.

ICPUG

#8 Post by ICPUG »

What version of Puppy are you using Snowy?

01micko

#9 Post by 01micko »

rcrsn51 wrote:
ICPUG wrote:On the bar at the bottom of the screen you see a mini pictorial representation of the desktops in puppy. One of them will have a rectangle in the place where your Eudora window is. Use your left mouse button and drag the little rectangle down. Eudora will move on the main screen in a similar manner.
I never knew that! But I have to use the right button.
Nor I.. right button here too (jwm-581)
Puppy Linux Blog - contact me for access