Spotify client for Tahrpup 6 & Slacko 5.7

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Semme

#46 Post by Semme »

Tempestuous, no such animal. In the meantime I'll look elsewhere..

PS - With a little folder renaming, Spotify continues to work with Slacko's FF 27 pet, sans menu launch.

It's gotta be an environment variable somewhere..
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Semme

#47 Post by Semme »

:? Odd.. After a reboot she launches.

If I kill it after initial launch and login, the second round doesn't open full-screen.

When attempting to go to full-screen, its window simply shifts down.

I've gotta stretch everything open then exit from the taskbar while holding down Ctrl in order to open full screen again.

A truly *bizarre* program.
>>> Living with the immediacy of death helps you sort out your priorities. It helps you live a life less trivial <<<

Semme

#48 Post by Semme »

I must have been delusional thinking I could question someone that's not here for a working solution.

:P Duh..

tempestuous

#49 Post by tempestuous »

What I didn't mention was that I don't have a Spotify account, so when I launch the application I only get as far as the login prompt. So I rely on Semme's information regarding necessary Firefox version, and requirement for GConf.
To this end I have updated the instructions in the first post, and modified my compatibility dotpet for Firefox libs in Slacko. (The symlinks now point to /usr/lib/firefox).

Semme

#50 Post by Semme »

Big Guy, you may wanna make this #4. It's for anyone running the build Slacko shipped with.

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh
mv /usr/lib/firefox-17.0.11 /usr/lib/firefox
rm -f /usr/bin/firefox
ln -s /usr/lib/firefox/firefox /usr/bin/firefox
exit
Furthermore, a reboot's not only a good idea, it's *absolutely* essential for a menu launch.

tempestuous

#51 Post by tempestuous »

... but didn't you say (or suggest) that the version of Firefox included in Slacko 5.7 is no good for Spotify?

Semme

#52 Post by Semme »

I had to be thorough and perform a second test. This one found the 17 libs suitable.

tempestuous

#53 Post by tempestuous »

There's just one problem with renaming the directory of Slacko's original Firefox installation - if the user has already installed a more recent Firefox, it's likely this installation will be overwritten by the old Firefox!

So my spotify-fix-Slacko5.7-Firefox.pet now contains this post-install script -

#!/bin/sh
if [ ! -f /usr/lib/firefox/firefox ];then
mv /usr/lib/firefox-17.0.11 /usr/lib/firefox
rm -f /usr/bin/firefox
ln -s /usr/lib/firefox/firefox /usr/bin/firefox
fi
You will see that this script renames the original firefox installation directory only if a new installation of Firefox is not found.

Semme

#54 Post by Semme »

As you're the packager, that should work for most folks.

ribblle

#55 Post by ribblle »

I renamed my firefox folder firefox again, installed the fix pet successfully and ran the 183 spotify pet. No joy.

tempestuous

#56 Post by tempestuous »

To be able to help, we need more information. Way more information.
It's essential that you launch spotify from a terminal, and report any error messages you see.

ribblle

#57 Post by ribblle »

There's no spotify to run. Soon after I launched the i386 pet it said that it failed to install, and the yellow "please wait, processing" thing stays on my desktop indefinitely and slows things down.

Semme

#58 Post by Semme »

What was the MD5 on your download?

tempestuous

#59 Post by tempestuous »

Semme is on the right track - the download of the spotify dotpet is probably corrupt.
The correct md5sum is 35975189837e01cc32f22fc5bcf4ebca
but I have revised the dotpet once or twice since it was first posted, so it's hard to know if this applies to ribblle's download.

The safe thing to do is download again, and for complete confidence perform the download with the commandline utility wget
So open a console and do this -

wget http://www.smokey01.com/tempestuous/spotify-client-i386-0.9.4.183.pet
Now use ROX to install the dotpet, which will be found in /root

I just did a clean boot to the Slacko 5.7.0 CD now, downloaded the dotpet (with Firefox 17.0.11)
and as you can see, the installation was successful -
Attachments
spotify-dotpet-success.jpg
(19.71 KiB) Downloaded 334 times

ribblle

#60 Post by ribblle »

It successfully installed, but puppy wouldn't reboot or shutdown (might have been lag) so I forced it to turn off. Spotify isn't in multimedia, but the pet says it's already installed and when i rrun it in the terminal i get: "spotify: error while loading shared libraries: libnss3.so.1d: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

tempestuous

#61 Post by tempestuous »

ribblle wrote:spotify: error while loading shared libraries: libnss3.so.1d: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
My spotify-fix-Slacko5.7-Firefox.pet corrects that problem ...
but I suspect that things have been messed up by your earlier attempts to rename the firefox directory (Aug 14) -
ribblle wrote:Changed the Firefox folder name to Firefox-17.0.11
Your firefox files need to reside in /usr/lib/firefox
Note - that's "firefox" not "Firefox" - Linux is case-sensitive.

ribblle

#62 Post by ribblle »

Done. No response when i run spotify in the terminal now, Checksum for the pet is 35975189837e01cc32f22fc5bcf4ebca

Semme

#63 Post by Semme »

Still here? What's this "(L)s -(L)r /opt" say?

ls -lR /opt
How about this command?

ls -l /usr/bin | grep spotify
Output or not?

==

Three days and no reply? I'll interpret this as.. You got it going.

Good.

wizmorgan

#64 Post by wizmorgan »

Ciao,
I dug out this old thread because I started using Slacko Puppy 6.3.0 a few days ago and I am stuck in installing spotify.

I followed most of the advices here and after renaming my firefox directory in "firefox" then the client started and prompted for the login.

After I set up my login and pwd, the client died inexplicably.

When I ran it from the command line I just got a "segmentation fault" error and nothing that I can recognise as anything critical. https://www.dropbox.com/s/c45c74k8a9u7q ... rompt?dl=0

I also ran the binary using strace https://www.dropbox.com/s/n0hcu3rfpof547n/spotify?dl=0

Can anybody help here?

Thanks!
wizmorgan

Pelo

Spotify is not dug, and why would it be dug

#65 Post by Pelo »

Spotify is not dug, and why would it be dug, we only lack of people listening music, so you are welcome. I was checking because i have just downloaded the version of Argolance, older than yours. I feed back soon.
SFS does not load !
same question Posted in Misc