MediaInfo AppImage, debs etc. -- Video Information Decoder

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
mikeslr

MediaInfo AppImage, debs etc. -- Video Information Decoder

#1 Post by mikeslr »

Hi All,

Recently someone had attempted to combine videos taken with a camera into one clip using avidemux. Unfortunately, the clip avidemux rendered did not produce sound. I wondered what audio format the camera generated and whether it might be necessary to convert that to some other format.

There's probably some command I could have ffmpeg run to determine the current audio format. But I'm not really good at remembering command-line arguments. Under XP I would had used gspot to obtain such information; and gspot will run under Wine. Since not everyone want to run wine, I thought MediaInfo might be useful.

This page provides links to various packages including ones for debian, ubuntu, and AppImage. Follow the Slackware link for instructions.http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download I followed the AppImage link and downloaded both 32 & 64 bit versions. After setting its permissions I clicked the AppImage while in Xenialpup64 and used it to determine a great deal of information about a clip I had downloaded.

mikeslr

p.s. Custom search of the Forum shows builds several years old and that riedzig mentioned the MediaInfo.AppImage last year.

phat7

Re: MediaInfo AppImage, debs etc. -- Video Information Decoder

#2 Post by phat7 »

mikeslr wrote:There's probably some command I could have ffmpeg run to determine the current audio format. But I'm not really good at remembering command-line arguments.
Try to remember ffprobe filename.

mikeslr

Re: MediaInfo AppImage, debs etc. -- Video Information Decoder

#3 Post by mikeslr »

phat7 wrote:Try to remember ffprobe filename.
Probably impossible. :( But what I probably will remember, even longer than that there is a MediaInfo application, is the phrase "Video Information Decoder" or even just "Video Information". https://cse.google.com/cse?cx=015995643 ... #gsc.tab=0 will locate this thread, and your very useful 'one-liner'. Thanks for that. :D