Installing Puppy alongside Mint

Booting, installing, newbie
webtarget

#1 Post by webtarget »

I want to install Puppy alongside my Mint installation. This particular I'm computer I'm installing on only has Mint on it.

I was reading the frugal installation and I noticed that it assumes that Windows is on the computer already.

Are there any issues if Linux is already installed only?

If not, I just want to confirm that when I install Puppy alongside Mint, do I still select hda1, if hda1 is where Mint is installed or do I have to create a separate partition?

Thanks.

rcrsn51

Re: Installing Puppy alongside Mint

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

webtarget wrote:I was reading the frugal installation and I noticed that it assumes that Windows is on the computer already.
No it doesn't. Read here.
If not, I just want to confirm that when I install Puppy alongside Mint, do I still select hda1, if hda1 is where Mint is installed or do I have to create a separate partition?
You can do it either way. The only issue is how to modify your Mint bootloader so it recognizes Puppy. Are you using GRUB2?

webtarget

Mint Bootloader

#3 Post by webtarget »

I have Linux Mint 13 installed. I guess I have grub2 if that's the default bootloader.

If so, how do I configure the bootloader?

Thanks.

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

There is a discussion about GRUB2 here.

webtarget

#5 Post by webtarget »

That doesn't look good!

I think if it doesn't work for me with frugal installation, I"ll just try the full installation.

Thanks.