UniMap v1.0

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
SFR

UniMap v1.0

#1 Post by SFR »

This is complete Unicode map.

Usage is simple: you can choose specific block through combobox or (after pressing "List of Blocks") through a table, the contents of which can be sorted alphabetically.

Naturally every character can be pressed - this will send it to the bottom field, from which characters can be copied and pasted into text editor or wherever.

Additionally when you hover a character, you'll get its hex value (eg. "00 e2 98 a0"), which can be used in your code (eg. echo -e "\x00\xe2\x98\xa0" will print that character), just remember that "the output" must have support of Unicode.

Note, that Unicode is huge and you'll get a lot of blank characters due to lack of supportive fonts.
The most comprehensive font I've found is "GNU Unifont", you can download it from here:
http://unifoundry.com/unifont.html
then copy the font to /usr/share/fonts/default/TTF/
But even with it there's still a lot of blanks...

Unfortunately in order to preserve decent performance and to not overload Gtkdialog, I had to split some of blocks into smaller ones, eg. "JCK Unified Ideographs" block contains ~20,000 characters, so it's splitted into chunks of 1024 characters (21 subblocks).

I've attached standalone, gzip'ed script as well as .pet packgage.
The app requires Gtkdialog >=0.7.21

Have fun & Greetings!
Attachments
unimap.gz
Stand alone script - unpack and click to launch.
(10.09 KiB) Downloaded 597 times
UniMap-1.0.pet
UniMap-1.0.pet
(11.03 KiB) Downloaded 639 times
screenshot1.png
(85.91 KiB) Downloaded 614 times
screenshot2.png
(128.3 KiB) Downloaded 594 times
screenshot3.png
(111.43 KiB) Downloaded 612 times
[color=red][size=75][O]bdurate [R]ules [D]estroy [E]nthusiastic [R]ebels => [C]reative [H]umans [A]lways [O]pen [S]ource[/size][/color]
[b][color=green]Omnia mea mecum porto.[/color][/b]