precise 5.4 keyboard stops working (Solved!)

Booting, installing, newbie
spudrucket

precise 5.4 keyboard stops working (Solved!)

#1 Post by spudrucket »

I am running precise puppy 5.4 with a frugal install (to the primary hard drive, ext4, dual boot with linux mint 13) on an eeepc 1015pem. Everything works great except after I get all my apps, themes, and icons installed and then save the session to the hard drive. When I restart puppy, the keyboard does not respond. Everything else works fine (opening apps, clicking on links, etc.).

I just tried to recreate the problem by saving a new session with only chrome installed, but after rebooting puppy, the keyboard works fine. I will keep trying to recreate the problem.

Could it be a conflict with some of the apps I installed? Everything came from the repositories except for JRE and Skype 4.

Thanks you for your help.
Last edited by spudrucket on Mon 12 Nov 2012, 11:21, edited 1 time in total.

spudrucket

libreoffice 3

#2 Post by spudrucket »

Ok, I reinstalled all of my programs one by one and found out that the problem happens after installing libreoffice 3 and then rebooting. After looking at the dependencies that were installed I only saw two that looked keyboard related. So, after deleting xkb-data-2.5 and rebooting, everything seems back to normal.