Precise package manager programs don't work

For groups of packages that don't all fall under the same category
EpiphoneKnight

Precise package manager programs don't work

#1 Post by EpiphoneKnight »

I jumped over to linux a bit ago as my computer began acting up. I think my hard drive was going on the fritz and I've taken it out of my computer entirely now.

I am trying to use my 4GB usb for puppy. Puppy precise is not letting me run anything I install with package manager. I wanted to try and stick a few games on, so my first choice was playonlinux to try and get some age of empires running. Playonlinux does nothing when I click it in my menu after install with package manager. On other linux systems I've getting age to work on wine alone, but I can't figure out the complicated nature of the folders here on puppy or if they even work. Other programs I install from package manager off of puppy precise are failing as well when I click on them in menu. They do nothing.

Can someone help? Otherwise is there another linux system that I can run on a 4gb usb drive that I can fit one or two games on? Thank you all.

wsamh

#2 Post by wsamh »

When you click on the program to install, make sure you click on "examine" before you click on "install". So it can find all the dependencies for that app. If you just clicked on "install", then the program most likely won't work.