Thank goodness for Puppy Linux

Promote Puppy !
rmcellig

Thank goodness for Puppy Linux

#1 Post by rmcellig »

I have a Dell Dimension 3000. For the past few months I have been trying different distros that I was hoping would be quick and pretty easy to use. Recently, I tried Crashbang Linux, Manjaro, and Lubuntu. Then, today I thought I should give Puppy Linux another look but this time do a full install (because I found I spent way too much time making sure the save file was not getting too full.

Voila. 5.2.8 is working great on my Dell 3000. In fact I created a new partition on my HP laptop to install a full install of 5.2.8. Fast Fast Fast!!! Everything I need to do my work, I can do with Puppy Linux.

Amazing, beautiful, flexible and above all else, functional. Best OS I have ever used and that includes Windows and Mac OS X.

ndujoe1

PUppy LInux

#2 Post by ndujoe1 »

Glad it has worked for you. We all like it here too :)

rmcellig

#3 Post by rmcellig »

I have tried many distros and since 1988 have been an avid hard core Mac fanatic. One day I started thinking what I really do with my computers and whether there is an alternative out there that might be better than the Mac as well as free in terms of freedom.

Puppy Linux is THE ONLY OS I have ever come across that more than meets my needs and is so flexible. Barry has done an incredible job with this distro as well as the others he developed. The Puppy Linux forum is first rate when it comes to friendliness and expertise. There is always valuable help to be had on this forum.