Stopping a Firefox download -SOLVED

Booting, installing, newbie
wimpy

Stopping a Firefox download -SOLVED

#1 Post by wimpy »

Hi,
I was downloading a youtube complete movie (flv) in FF when I decided that perhaps I'd give it a miss. Downloads are written directly to the HD via /mnt/home/downloads.
So I stopped FF and deleted the part downladed file from the HD and rebooted.
Clearly I had not made all the necessary invocations, incantations, and blood sacrifices to the K9 gods because a few minutes later the download window popped to tell me that the download had completed. Checking /mnt/home/downloads showed that the entire flv file had been downloaded. I was surprised that the download command had survived a reboot.
I tried a search. You can imagine the amount of noise you get if you use "download" and "puppy linux" in a search.
For future reference what should I have done to ensure that an aborted download stayed aborted?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by wimpy on Fri 01 Feb 2013, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
LxXenial16.08, LxPupSc17.07.01,Lucid 5.2.8 and others - all frugal

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

wimpy

#3 Post by wimpy »

Thank you. I've since discovered that a download in progress can be cancelled from the Download window. You have to tick the "Show Downloads window when downloading a file" in Preferences~ General (Mine wasn't ticked - it is now). A download can be easily cancelled from the Downloads Window.
I'll mark this thread as "Solved".
LxXenial16.08, LxPupSc17.07.01,Lucid 5.2.8 and others - all frugal