wireless printing

Problems and successes with specific brands/models of printers
conservativetroll

wireless printing

#1 Post by conservativetroll »

Can i somehow at least install a driver the printer can live with, and or establish a wireless connection, since it is capable of wireless printing??

ALSO i have one really strange question. When puppy was installed there were two boot sectors (i believe that is the proper terminology) I installed from one and then it appeared be corrupted and would boot puppy, So i went to the other and used it for a while. Then appeared to be corrupted. Finally i went to regular using the unbuntu.

Here's the weird part I tried the puppy a few weeks later, and it functioned just fine. Both boot sectors are now working AGAIN. Do they repair themselves or what?? 8) :?:

rcrsn51

#2 Post by rcrsn51 »

Have you read the How-To here?. Your ML-1865W is not included in the base driver package, so you will also need to install the samsung_ml1865w_ppd-3.00.76.pet.

Regarding wireless connectivity - I have not tested a wireless Samsung model, but most wireless printers are auto-detected by CUPS. However, you may need to try Find New Printers several times before it is detected.

conservativetroll

ML-1865W

#3 Post by conservativetroll »

Thanks, but presently i've got bigger fish to fry. My puppy has deteriorated to the point that it just locks up anytime i go to the interent!! I've tried opera and mozilla!! Just rapidly locks up!! Got to deal with first!

rcrsn51

#4 Post by rcrsn51 »

No rush. It's only been eight months.