Slacko puppy 5.4 save problem

Please post any bugs you have found
NotSoSlacko

Slacko puppy 5.4 save problem

#1 Post by NotSoSlacko »

When I attempt to save in slacko puppy 5.4, it saves regularly and all goes well...until I try to reboot slacko, when I get errors, which I have posted here.

http://pastebin.com/r1ztfsYm

please help!

8-bit

#2 Post by 8-bit »

Why do you direct people who could possibly help you with your problem to an external site to read about it?
You will get better results asking for help and posting your problem in the Bugs section for Slacko 5.4.

I took a quick look at the output from your PC when trying to boot Slacko and it looks like you may have a corrupted save file.

But more information is needed such as what type of install, amount of memory, and actions you made before you started having boot problems.

I ask because I have a Compaq laptop with 153 megs of ram that I tried to run a frugal install of Lupu 5.2 on.
It corrupted my pupsave file due to lack of sufficient memory with just too much being swapped.
I could see the installation degrade as I mounted partitions and saw desktop icons fail to display properly on the desktop.
The more apps I had open, the worse it got.

So be sure to post your problem with the output you see in a post here rather than referring us to an external site.
Also, there are some here that value security and just do not want to go to some unknown external site not knowing if that site is secure or may try to insert some malware on their PC.