the slacko, precise, fatdog Puppy distros

Using applications, configuring, problems
redpopw

the slacko, precise, fatdog Puppy distros

#1 Post by redpopw »

It all started in rescuing my old averatec 7000 laptop, win-95, that was causing more headaches with viruses than you could ever imagine.

Anyhow, after a good reading about Linux ISO's that are compatible with older machines, I came across the Puppy web site.

I downloaded the slacko CD ISO and did a root install. Well, my old laptop was resuscitated again. Awesome speed, yet, my only setback is memory, only 1GB.

After 2 weeks of reading, researching and doing some free on-line tutorials about linux, finally I decided to download Precise and get rid of the slacko. In my opinion, it is great ISO. With Precise the only problem is when doing shutdown. I have to manually turn off the machine once it reaches the prompt. That is just a minor issue. No big deal for know. I'm sticking to this one for know.

I venture a bit farther with Fat-dog 64 and ran it from the CD ISO, In another machine for which is a Toshiba laptop, Intel dual core 6gig ram and the only offset, it came with windows Vista.

Check this out, that fatdog, help me discover that my Toshiba laptop it is a 64 bit system. Running win vista 32 bit, I bought it with win vista installed already three years ago.

I did installed fat-dog 64 in the secondary drive on a separate partition and it fly's like a jet at mach 3.

I'm hook up with the precise and fat-dog bistro's for know. The ease and functionality is great. I'm still learning more about Linux, since I consider myself a puppy Linux novice user.

Did downloaded the Linux version of wire-shark, Ncap and skype to talk to my folks I use this tools to troubleshoot my own cybercafe of 6 machines. I kind migrating slowly but surely into Linux and those Perritos ISO.')

Thank You
Be nice to me with your comments, I'm an old retired and beaten soldier, don't let my rambler attitude hurt you!! LOL :roll:
God speed to all.