Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Wed 01 Oct 2014, 02:09
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Networking » Wireless
How to use Alcatel AL720 USB wireless in Precise 5.4.2?
Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
gkgazza27

PostPosted: Wed 12 Dec 2012, 07:01    Post subject:  How to use Alcatel AL720 USB wireless in Precise 5.4.2?
Subject description: Or connect by smartphone will work too

hi to all! been long since I've been here, been using Presice 5.4.2 fully installed in an Acer Aspire 3684WXMi laptop with Celeron M 440 1.83ghz, graphics:Intel GM945 chipset and 512mb memory, apart from a few problems with installing apps from ppm, and a couple of apps in menu, like screenie that does not work, Presice works great as for the apps with the problems I found others on the apps index to replace, like firefox I got the one that is build for Slacko, as for the problem with the black screen, I only had that with Puppy 'Carolina 004',

Now to come to my problem: I have a usb mobile broadband modem from: 'dodo', it is: AL720 by Alcatel, use it on an eMachines netbook :355 N571G, with windows 7 starter on it, my problem is I cant use it with my Puppy laptop, it is recognised, the modem scans for the network but it wont connect, in tests that I did I even got it to connect once but it immediatelly disconnected, from some googling I did I read a post that said to use the activation code but I cant find where to place this code, also to overcome this problem I found that you can connect via smartphone but I don't know how to set this up, hopefully someone might be able to help me, Thanks in advance, Gary.
2012-12-12_21-38-51.jpg
Description 
jpg

Download 
Filename  2012-12-12_21-38-51.jpg 
Filesize  93.67 KB 
Downloaded  303 Time(s) 
gkgazza27

PostPosted: Wed 12 Dec 2012, 13:01    Post subject: partly solved
Subject description: connected via smartphone

hi again partly solved my problem connected via wifi hotspot tethering as I write this words, I had to get freesbe so I can connect to the phones wifi hotspot, I dont know how I am going to connect using the usb wireless modem?
gkgazza27

PostPosted: Thu 20 Dec 2012, 01:12    Post subject: Solved
Subject description: connected via smartphone

gkgazza27 wrote:
hi again partly solved my problem connected via wifi hotspot tethering as I write this words, I had to get freesbe so I can connect to the phones wifi hotspot, I dont know how I am going to connect using the usb wireless modem?

hi finaly I was able to solve the problem the Alcatel AL720 usb wireless modem is working in Puppy-Precise, I have not tried with any other linux distros, the problem was not from Puppy, but from the configuration setup, a line in it had some symbles that had been wrong and had to change them. I found the answer on the help page of Puppys connection wizard.

Page 1 of 1 [3 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Hardware » Networking » Wireless
Jump to: