How to disable my touchpad tap2click?

Using applications, configuring, problems
Flash
Official Dog Handler

#16 Post by Flash »

What application creates those on-screen meters and how does it interface with the car?

npierce

#17 Post by npierce »

Emperor wrote:
Name="PS/2 Generic Mouse"
It would appear that your kernel may not support your touchpad. Do you happen to know the manufacturer and model?

Some Alps Glidepoint touch pads are known to be unsupported by old kernels, and need a 3.2.0 or newer kernel.

There is at least one recent report of a Puppy user with an unsupported touchpad (I don't know if it was an Alps or not). The 3.2.29 kernel in Precise Puppy wasn't new enough to solve the problem. 01micko finally solved it by suggesting an upgrade to a Puppy with a 3.4.2 or newer kernel (found in Dpup Exprimo 5.X.3.4.12 and Slacko 5.4) (See http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 270#657270.)
Emperor wrote:is there a chance that i can add a line in the mouse_drv.so ?
I'm not aware of any such line. In fact, I would guess that mouse_drv.so believes it is really getting button clicks (not taps) from a PS/2 mouse (since real mice don't tap). The mouse emulation probably happens before mouse_drv.so is involved, possibly even in firmware supplied with the touchpad. (You might check your BIOS settings to see if tapping can be disabled there.)

Emperor

#18 Post by Emperor »

Flash wrote:What application creates those on-screen meters and how does it interface with the car?
Tunerstudio Pro (works only with Megasquirt & KDFI)

@npierce

Upgrading wont work :( the newer ones dont support my GPU for some unknown reason. its also a huge pain to install a new system on this thing cause it have no CD-Rom, no Floppy and no USB boot function :shock:
Also the Laptop is a Rugged one, removing the HDD is quiet complicated :cry:

i have PuppyTune on my Laptop which is a Reborn Puppy v0.44. But it doesent support my GPU :roll:
http://forums.turbobricks.com/showthread.php?t=259983

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#19 Post by Flash »

Emperor wrote:
Flash wrote:What application creates those on-screen meters and how does it interface with the car?
I googled it and couldn't find it. Do you have to sign a nondisclosure agreement before you can use it, promising never to divulge where you got it? :lol:

Emperor

#20 Post by Emperor »

Flash wrote:
Emperor wrote:
I googled it and couldn't find it. Do you have to sign a nondisclosure agreement before you can use it, promising never to divulge where you got it? :lol:
No, the most of it is even opensource 8) You build it,You tune it and pray to god there is a PNP version for your car LOL

for more questions please PM--->OT

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#21 Post by Flash »

Oops, I screwed up and googled for turner instead of tuner. When I spelled it right, google coughed this up:
http://tunerstudio.com/index.php/downloads
Linux is currently just a tar files. You will need to extract them to a folder of your choice and start them using the .sh file. There will be installers in the near future.

*64 Bit Linux users will need to replace the [TunerStudioDir]/lib/librxtxSerial.so with the one found in [TunerStudioDir]/lib/alternateLinuxDrivers/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/
** If you install the 64 bit version of MegaLogViewer, you must also have a 64 bit JRE installed.

Bligh

#22 Post by Bligh »

After reading this thread, I bought a wireless mouse, they are cheap, and it is working well.
Cheers

Emperor

#23 Post by Emperor »

ok ive tried something different.......
I bought an USB Mousepad (Peripad-501) and its a bit better, but i still have the Touchpad Tap.

grep Name /proc/bus/input/devices-->
Name="PS/2 Generic Mouse"
Name="Mouse Pad"
--> :lol:

xorg.conf didnt show any chances :cry: is there a Driver.pet for such things?
The Manufactur ignores any Request and send instead Add mails :roll: