Pop up box shows many wirelesspoints and goes off the screen

Booting, installing, newbie
pissa7

Pop up box shows many wirelesspoints and goes off the screen

#1 Post by pissa7 »

I am on a Dell mini.When I try to connect any of the versions of puppy linux, the pop up box shows alot of wireless networks and goes off the screen at the bottom, and I can not access the "connect" button. Everything else works great! Can someone please help?

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Pissa- Welcome to Pup! Easy! Cursor in the box >> hold down Alt >> drag with your mouse.

Video may be the problem. Setup pup >> Quickpet >> drivers >> test you graphics card.

If she suggests an upgrade >> GO FOR IT!

pissa7

#3 Post by pissa7 »

Holding ALT does nothing, Set upvideo, and nothing. I'm using Precise Gnome right now and my two problems are: Pop up box to connect to the internet goes off the screen-soI can not access the "connect" button, and, it won't save my mouse/touchpad settings so I have to set it up every boot. Please cansomeone helpme figure this out?
Attachments
screenshot of box.png
Here is a screenshot of the box I am referring to
(178.63 KiB) Downloaded 203 times

8-bit

#4 Post by 8-bit »

It sounds like the box that shows available wireless networks needs a scroll bar as part of the code that displays that box so that one could scroll down to see the additional networks.

Tote

#5 Post by Tote »

How about F11, fullscreen? do you have that option, and does it help? Just a thought...

pissa7

pop up box

#6 Post by pissa7 »

I really like puppy but as soon as I install it... if there were only 3 or 4 wireless points I could access the "connect" button. I hope puppylinux developers will help. Nothing works, and there is no scroll bar in the code. I wish I knew more or someone knew how to fix this os. I love puppy and would like to update it.

Semme

#7 Post by Semme »

The method in my first line works >> drag while holding alt and left-clk down. For Quickpet, try here.

pissa7

Still no go

#8 Post by pissa7 »

ALT and hold down drag does not work! Hooking to the wireless is fine except for me-and it has been years! Box goes off the screen to hook. Please helpme or puppy willgo in a useless drawer!

smokey01

#9 Post by smokey01 »

Try the suggestions in the attached.

What is Precise Gnome? What is the name of the ISO file?

Please provide a link.
Attachments
dell-mini.jpg
(125.62 KiB) Downloaded 231 times