Cannot Add new Packages to my Customise Puppy Linux

Using applications, configuring, problems
powelltallen

Cannot Add new Packages to my Customise Puppy Linux

#1 Post by powelltallen »

Dear ALL,
I installed "FULL" puppy versions 5.4.2 and 4.3 and tried to add freerdp-x11, libfreerdp-dev,libfreerdp-plugins-standard and remmina-plugin-rdp under PKGS_SPECS_TABLE variable in the DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS-debian-squeeze file for version 5.4.2 Puppy Linux, and I got error that remmina-plugin-rdp is not recognised but no complain about all the freerdp and its library files. Hoever when I built the distro and burnt it onto my CD, I could not get the freerdp package that runs. I only saw a director /usr/lib/freerdp with .so files in it.

Please how can I add my customised packages to puppy linux. I have used both the command line woof/bones tools and the GUI ./woof_gui and I got the same results.

I added my packages like this:

Code: Select all

yes|freerdp-x11|libfreerdp-dev,libfreerdp-plugins-standard|exe,dev,doc,nls
yes|remmina-plugin-rdp|exe
I successfully created the kernel and the ISO files and burnt it and is working fine, except my added packages are not there. I have also used the package manager to add the packages I want, but I want my packages to appear in my customised puppy linux when I burn the ISO.
Any help is appreciated.
Powell

darkcity

#2 Post by darkcity »

Hi powelltallen

welcome to the forum 8)

I'm not sure I fully understand what you are trying to achieve, and therefore what to recommend.

Are you building a custom version of Puppy from woof?

It may be easier to use a ready-made version, add the programs you require and then remaster the base sfs
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/remastering

Not sure if the process is different for full install, personally I prefer frugal. More info here
http://puppylinux.org/wikka/FrugalOrFullInstallation

npierce

#3 Post by npierce »

I've never built a Puppy from Woof, so don't know much about it, but I did notice that the second of your PKGS_SPECS_TABLE lines only has three fields, while the first has four fields.
powelltallen wrote:I added my packages like this:

Code: Select all

yes|freerdp-x11|libfreerdp-dev,libfreerdp-plugins-standard|exe,dev,doc,nls
yes|remmina-plugin-rdp|exe
It looks like you have placed "exe" in the "pkgnames" field instead of the "splitup" field.

Documentation for the format of PKGS_SPECS_TABLE can be found in recent versions of DISTRO_PKGS_SPECS-* files. See also Barry's blog entry: Woof progress: magic 'findpkgs' script