Partview Icon

Booting, installing, newbie
Paul Earland

Partview Icon

#1 Post by Paul Earland »

My Partview Icon (in system tray) started of as four green lines on top of each other. This has now gone to three horizontal green lines, with the top one missing. After using puppy for some time this Icon changes to Orange and goes down to two horizontal lines. When I click on it shows me the partitions all with plenty of space free. Not sure why Icon turns orange or why even at start up there is one green bar missing. Thanks. Paul

capicoso

#2 Post by capicoso »

Hello.
In a full install i suppose it shows the puppy partition space. In a frugal it shows you the space of the puppy savefile. When you open it i think it just shows the partitions space. If you have it on orange/red you should resize the savefile. Also, you could symlink the download folder to outside of puppy(ie /mnt/home) and other config folders which take big space like .wine or chromium cache.

If you hover your mouse over the bars it should tell you the puppy space left. Or you could also open your filemanager and right click on / and check space(thats puppy savefile space)

Sky Aisling

Partview Icon

#3 Post by Sky Aisling »

Paul Earland writes:
After using puppy for some time this Icon changes to Orange and goes down to two horizontal lines.
capicoso writes:
If you have it on orange/red you should resize the savefile.
Paul, Welcome ...

You'll find the *resize* option in Menu/Utility/Resize Personal Storage File

Semme

#4 Post by Semme »

Yeah, Paul- Welcome! Your browsers cache is probably the missing space culprit.. IT'S HUNGRY!