OpenERP

Business software, financial software, etc.
Atle

Warning.....

#16 Post by Atle »

I tried this with a Precise 5.5 and it installed without any complaints.

Both versions 6.1 and 7 does nothing. Nothing at http://localhost:8069/, before or after boot, pressing the desktop icon.

But what it DOES, is that it prevents 5.5 to finish of the savefile process at shutdown, making all or whatever you did to you desktop go back to default, once you have powered off your puppy by holding the power button untill its brutally forced to stop.

Its seems to be like the SFS is not really uninstalling. you need to power off the machine the brutal way there as well...

I suggest one plays with this using separate puppy and not your well established one, as it messes with things for sure.

That said... this is what happen to me and it might be happy hour for others:-)

Atle

#17 Post by Atle »

Weird things happen also after i got rid of the sfs.

Do not install unless you made a protected enviroment or backup of your Precise 5.5.

Goes for both versions...

Sorry to the author... This gave me like one hour of headace only.

atle

emnaz

#18 Post by emnaz »

My apologies, this package has not tested on Precise Puppy 5.5

Atle

#19 Post by Atle »

ITs ok.... It just went banans, so for those that has only got one puppy installed and have done some work to get it set up, etc, its better to make a separate puppy installation to test this within 5.5.

No harm done... I did the test and for me it did not work. Might even be me doing something wrong, for all i know

ATle

Pelo

open ERP : Who works with it ?

#20 Post by Pelo »

open ERP : Who works with it ?
Just wait and see.
I will soon test 'Stock y Ventas' I got it installed on Slacko 5.5.
Before getting really involved in this matter, i want to be sure my work will not be a loose of time. Because I have now heavy doubts about the interest of Puppy lovers for that kind of products.

Atle

#21 Post by Atle »

Once upon a time i made a little 5.2.8 with LHMP and Joomla/ WebERP.
It can be made again.

There are lots of free software that can replace the cost of OpenERP as i see it.

If one likes to make a "Business Server" i think that can be very relevant to small business owners in various places and situations as its free as in a free beer:-)

Pelo

How much is it ?

#22 Post by Pelo »

12€ monthly by set off applications.
"Free as in "Freedom", not free as in "Free services"
Fabien Pinckaers (fp)
  May 2013"
ERP is an empty shell Unless you pay modules.
As a summary, to build a great product, you need:
Customers: to finance the improvements (through services to partners for new features, through OpenERP Publisher's Warranty for long term maintenance and evolution)
Partners: to develop new features and support customers (mainly points 1 and 3)
Community: to continuously improve the quality of the software, by providing constant feedback and contributions
OpenERP: to improve the product (mainly points 2 and 3)
But even if it was free, Puppy's users don't use that...

They are lot of bugs. see ERP forum.

Pelo

Better : try 'stock y ventas'

#23 Post by Pelo »

Better : try 'stock y ventas'. The app works in Slacko 5.5. But i have nothing to sell. I'am not a business man, not a teacher, i am a retired man.

Mayou

OpenERP : use windows !

#24 Post by Mayou »

OpenERP : use Windows ! Business in Puppy is a waste of time...

mcewanw

#25 Post by mcewanw »

Actually, OpenERP was rebranded long time ago to Odoo:

https://www.odoo.com/

My partner's family actually ran their business using OpenERP ver 7 for some years (was very stable and came with all the modules required and more). I installed it for them on Ubuntu originally and later on DebianDog.

By the way, Odoo is free to use if you download everything yourself and run it on your own server. It only costs if you use want to use the online servers of Odoo company. That's what the 'free trial' given via Odoo website is all about. The code itself is free and downloadable. The source code is also open. Of course, Odoo would like to make some money... so they don't say much about getting the software - rather they concentrate their marketing on their online paid for service - but you don't need to buy into that...

The only problem is if you want to upgrade your whole company database (it uses Postgres underneath) to new Odoo version (assuming you have installed Odoo to your own server, which is free as I say) - the scripts that Odoo themselves can use to do this are not freely available. But, as I said, Odoo (ERP software) is totally free to download and use, and it is fantastic software - I doubt you could get it working easily on Puppy though - hence my using DebianDog when I installed it; it will be even easier to install on MintPup because Ubuntu is the preferred platform.

Odoo is also available for MS Windows platform and I did try an install on that during testing. However, personally I would never use a Windows platform for business purposes though 'perhaps' MS WIndows server OS is more secure than its desktop versions...(?)

William
github mcewanw

seacyd

Odoo 8 (was OpenERP) installation

#26 Post by seacyd »

Is there someone who can do an updated sfs for Odoo?

The old one did not work for me and taking into account that the version has moved on to 8 I rather would invest the time on a working new installation.

Is there someone interested on making Odoo 8 sfs package or work together on getting this done?

Links that might be relevant for this project:

http://www.nkr1ptd.com/2014/11/installi ... ubuntu.html

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2014/09 ... 14-04-lts/

https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/quest ... tion-52627

Pelo

ERP by Puppy Linux ? ????

#27 Post by Pelo »

Odoo is also available for MS Windows platform and I did try an install on that during testing. However, personally I would never use a Windows platform for business purposes though 'perhaps' MS WIndows server OS is more secure than its desktop versions...(?)
Never ERP app was installed on Puppy, in my knowledge, even if they work... See forum Business by Musher0. I believe that himself does not run applications he proposes.
I have Open Concerto running in my Windows 7.
you can get help from Musher0 here.