pUPnGO 2012 Plus Extras

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
starhawk

#31 Post by starhawk »

OK so beaver's still in there, AND has the coloring I need (which I hadn't noticed until now, somehow). Good thing, as minimumprofit makes my eyes hurt and my screen do Bad Things.

So, two questions --
(1) how do I remove MP?
(2) how are application defaults set within pUPnGO2012? eg, what and where is the file that tells what the default text editor is? IIRC in most Puppies and Puplets, it's defaulttexteditor, a text file, in I want to say /usr/local/apps... can't find 'em in pUPnGO2012...

Keef

#32 Post by Keef »

You might get more joy in /usr/local/bin....

Code: Select all

#which defaulttexteditor
will tell you for sure.

greengeek

#33 Post by greengeek »

starhawk wrote:(1) how do I remove MP?
To remove mp:

1) Delete /usr/bin/mp
2) "Open as text" the file /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/PuppyPin and delete the line which contains a reference to "mptext"
3) "Open as text" the file /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/globicons and delete the lines which contain the following stanza:

<rule match="/usr/bin/mp">
<icon>/usr/share/pixmaps/details.png</icon>
</rule>

(This does not remove the details.png icon from the pixmaps pool, it just removes any association with mp)

4) "Open as text" the file /usr/local/bin/defaulttexteditor and remove the line that refers to mp.

(To be honest I have no idea how that association got to be inside that file - I didn't put it there so maybe that is an automatic function at boot time. Thanks for the tip Keef)

sullysat

#34 Post by sullysat »

This is very cool folks! When I first started looking at PupNGo1012 (and following the main thread while wishing that I was able to play more!) I thought that a better little browser and a decent text editor/word processor is JUST what this pup needs, so thanks to all.

Personally, on machines that need to have something this small loaded on them, all I really want them to do is find the internet, basic browsing, and word processing. PupnGo is perfect for that.

Loving these threads!
Sully
Puppy Files Mirror - [b][url]http://www.wisdom-seekers.com/puppy.html[/url][/b]
Classic Puppy Page - [b][url]http://www.wisdom-seekers.com/puppy214x.html[/url][/b]