XAMPP 1.8.1 - server package

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
gyro

#16 Post by gyro »

Atle wrote:Ok Pri... I happen to suffer from the "bleeding edge" syndrome:-)

When i first make something, I like to be like... bleeding edge:-)
Then download the latest, directly from the xampp site, and follow the install instructions.
There will be problems, but these can be sorted, see rojun's post above.
I did this a while ago, so can't remember the exact commands I used.
I did it a bit different from rojun, because all the files in the lampp directory are owned by "nobody:nobody" in my install. So I might have changed both apache and mysql configs so they run as "nobody".
I currently running xampp 5.6.15-1.

gyro

Atle

#17 Post by Atle »

Hi Gyro... thanks for the tips...

I made a spinnoff based on Super Lucid Puppy the Lupu 004.

The customization that is made is that its tanked up with:

Xampp PHP7(2-3 times faster than PHP5.X they say)
Joomla 3.5Beta6 with PHP7 support(installed, but untouched)
Wlanmaker 1.2 that uses hostadp to create a AP of you wifichip(if supported)

Desktop icons to start and stop xampp. Also to start and stop the AP function.

Note that the desktop icon for start/stop AP goes missing after install. Just drag it out of its folder /root/scripts/ to have it back on desktop.

This is made for those that like to experiment a little and that wants the latest and greatest here and now:-)

SULU004(5.2.8.7)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/l183o ... -puppy.iso

UPDATE...

LUPU 5.2.8.7 also ready

http://www.mediafire.com/download/31pgt ... Joomla.iso

PS... If you got a 64 bits computer there is another version available based on fatdog, but its not a iso, but rather two compressed files that needs grub4dos to get it into the game. That one has some more things done with Joomla whereas one can upload and download files to the server.
Has also wlanmaker etc.

File 1

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9xzoy ... oot.tar.gz

File 2

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0o6bp ... ave.tar.gz
Last edited by Atle on Sat 19 Mar 2016, 23:03, edited 2 times in total.

solo

#18 Post by solo »

I just discovered XAMPP and decided to dabble with PHP for a bit, which was very interesting. I really like this package, and I really appreciate the work you put into it.

I was wondering though, for those of us who have a frugal install and depend on keeping our savefile nice and trim, would it at all be possible to have a setup in which the server would run outside the savefile?

You could create a website without having to worry about any size constraints.

Or is there a very easy way to configure the current XAMPP package to achieve this?

Atle

#19 Post by Atle »

Got some good news for you there Solo...

And it all depends on what puppy your using.

The different puppies have different savefile names, so even with all the variants Rerwin have made out of 5.2.8.7, you can have several of them at the same partition without that crashing with savefiles.

So what puppy are you using?

Right now the offering is Lupu5.2.8.7, Sulu004(5.2.8.7) and FatDog.

The two next is Tahrpup with PAE and then something for the oldies(486)

solo

#20 Post by solo »

I'm quite firmly stuck in the 'oldies' camp, running Puppy Precise 5.7.1.

There's no hurry though. My knowledge of webdesign comes from an era when framesets were still the fashion, so let's just say I won't be rolling out any fancy web applications any time soon.

I'm slowly but faithfully typing my way through beginners tutorials at this point.

Atle

#21 Post by Atle »

So then you can make use of either of the 32 bis versions without having sharefiles conflicts in my opinion. I assume your PC is a 32 bit then.

FYI... Anything can be installed to the server. Just create a folder, unzip whatever into it and then give the entire folder a ugly 777 permission. If a database is created and ready, you use mysql as database user with no password.

Wordpress got a version out that has PHP7 support as well, but i did not include it.

I happen to look for a solution where i go outside the limits of php.ini, joomla etc with upload of files. I struggle with getting large files uploads.

I got my joomla to accept files up to around 250mb, but that is where it stops.

My aim is 4gb :lol:

BTW Solo... I discover that you might need to change the script a bit if your wlan goes from wlan0 to wlan1. Then Wlanmaker will not start.

atle

gyro

#22 Post by gyro »

solo wrote:would it at all be possible to have a setup in which the server would run outside the savefile?
Before you install XAMPP, create a directory in "/mnt/home", e.g. "/mnt/home/lampp".
Then copy this directory to "/opt/lampp" as a symbolic link.
Then manually add the group and user "mysql", (see rojun's post on page 1).
Then run the XAMPP installer.

I just installed the latest XAMPP 7.0.5-0 on Tahrpup 6.0.5, without any problem.

gyro

Atle

#23 Post by Atle »

A updated version of Sulu004 with Xampp (7.0.4) and Joomla 3.5.1 is uploaded.

It also has Wlanmaker installed and the DNSmasq "trick" as well.

The only problem I could see is that desktop icons does not appear in the remaster and must be pulled out of root/scripts in order to be there.

Download

frourio

#24 Post by frourio »

I've been trying Rojun's solution of manually adding a group and user but I'm running into this error on terminal in Tahrpup6.0.5:
Adding group `mysql' (GID 1001) ...

addgroup: `/usr/sbin/groupadd -g 1001 mysql' returned error code 1. Exiting.
Any suggestions?

I also tried running:

Code: Select all

adduser -G mysql mysql
And got:
Option g is ambiguous (gecos, gid, group)
I tried replacing -G with --group but that still didn't work. I think I have to get the first command running successfully before I can start worrying about the second one.

rockedge

#25 Post by rockedge »

try just using

#adduser mysql
#addgroup mysql
for XAMPP just this will do the trick to create user group
adduser username newgroup

#adduser mysql mysql
I usually only use adduser mysql for XAMPP installs

frourio

#26 Post by frourio »

Same error:
Attachments
add_user.png
(9.79 KiB) Downloaded 578 times

rockedge

#27 Post by rockedge »

open the Puppy Package Manager, select uninstall and check the list.

if you find on this list "adduser" or "passwd" select them and remove and uninstall them. Try again with

#adduser mysql 
I have had these installed as dependencies on top of the original tahr install and cause problems.

frourio

#28 Post by frourio »

Ok found them, but I'm a bit hesitant to remove them.

Are those related to my previous attempts to install XAMPP, or are they something that ships with Puppy? Will it not cause other problems with other operations/apps if I remove them?

On a secondary note, does anyone have a very up-to-date SFS of XAMPP? Once I remove them, I'd prefer to add XAMPP via SFS if possible.

rockedge

#29 Post by rockedge »

no these on the list are not shipped. They do not belong to XAMPP either. I experiment extensively with setting up Puppy Linux as a web server in various forms and flavors... I run into this often....trust me XAMPP will work after these are removed. And the adduser and passwd will function again as original. I can make an SFS of XAMPP if need be. I may have XAMPP 1.8.1 floating around and also I have had good success with xampp-linux-5.6.14-4.
Either way...but you will see it will work again once you remove these from the uninstall list.....the original fresh puppy has an empty list.

frourio

#30 Post by frourio »

Ok will remove them and try.

Once I remove them, do I have to manually "adduser" in terminal and then run the installer, or do I just run the installer?

I think I had tried the 1.8.1 version on Tahrpup without any luck, but also, isn't that a little dated now?

rockedge

#31 Post by rockedge »

first use

#adduser mysql
then run the installer. That way the XAMPP installer will not generate an error when it can not find or create the user 'mysql', it will already be present.

frourio

#32 Post by frourio »

Ok. Removed the said packages. (I also removed their dependencies too. I hope I won't need their dependencies for future use.)

Then I typed the SQL commands.

Before I go ahead and run the installer, does this screenshot look about right as a response from the terminal? I'm guessing the "mysql" folder doesn't exist yet because I haven't run the installer? (Or should I have not gotten that error message?)
Attachments
adduser-after-packages-removed.png
(8.12 KiB) Downloaded 579 times

rockedge

#33 Post by rockedge »

That is how it supposed to look. Looks like it worked...now run the XAMPP installer...it will create everything you will need I think you are almost there!

The error messages can be ignored....and those packages you removed should cause no further problems.

frourio

#34 Post by frourio »

Ok. Confirming that it's working.

Rockedge you're a rock star.

For my own future reference and that of others, these are the dependencies I removed as a result of removing the "password" package, in case I/you ever need them back for other apps:

libpam-modules_1.1.8
libsemanage1_2.2-1
libsemanage-common_2.2-1
libustr-1.0-1_1.0.4
debconf_1.5.51ubuntu2

Now, one other question... if I want XAMPP to live outside of the save file, is it simply a matter of copying the /lampp folder into /mnt/home, and then creating a symlink back to /opt? Or might that mess it all up, now that it's installed?

I tried creating that symlink before installing, but it wasn't able to install, citing errors such as permissions as the problem. It had aborted the install.

gyro

#35 Post by gyro »

frourio wrote:Now, one other question... if I want XAMPP to live outside of the save file, is it simply a matter of copying the /lampp folder into /mnt/home, and then creating a symlink back to /opt? Or might that mess it all up, now that it's installed?

I tried creating that symlink before installing, but it wasn't able to install, citing errors such as permissions as the problem. It had aborted the install.
I know it works, I run it symlinked to /opt/lampp from a different partition on a different drive. I can't remember what order I did it in.

Why not:
Back it up.
Move it.
Symlink it.
Try it.

gyro