pnethood can't access shared folders

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
martigej

#16 Post by martigej »

I've ran without -p and -g options but got the same errors.

Another info:
If I run from Terminal Server Client I get the same errors too.

Code: Select all

sh-4.1# rdesktop -u martigej2 192.168.1.104
ERROR: modulus len 0x108
ERROR: send: Connection reset by peer
ERROR: Connection closed

martigej

#17 Post by martigej »

Be sure that the windows user is allowed to accept remote connections. The last part is critical.
Yes, the user is allowed.
I can access RDP from another Windows machine.

grump

#18 Post by grump »

rcrsn51 wrote:@frorgaba

Instead of Pnethood, try YASSM. It works for me in Puppy 4.3.1 with Win7 shares.

However, there have been no reports on how it works with Win8, so this may take several tries. Please report back.
I have not been able to get pnethood to find a share on my Window8 PC from my Precise 5.6.1 laptop. However, using 'YASSM Samba share login' from the network menu works. Like rcrsn51 says, it took a couple of tries to find which of the 3 YASSM menu options does what I wanted.

Edit to comment - since writing the above I followed the link to the YASSM thread and was enlightened.

rcrsn51

#19 Post by rcrsn51 »

Thanks for that. There haven't been many reports of Puppy trying to access Win8 shared folders.

Do your Windows shares require authentication? This can be a problem with pnethood.

grump

#20 Post by grump »

rcrsn51 wrote:Do your Windows shares require authentication? This can be a problem with pnethood.
No - I connect as 'Guest'. I have the share access set to 'everyone'.

I did not use the 'homegroup' nonesense, and instead tried to set up normal sharing (as in the way it was in XP and earlier).

Edit to add: I think pnethood found the shares in Slacko 5.5 - I have not used that for a while so I forget (70 next birthday, so I'm allowed)