"Open with" using a Wine program

Booting, installing, newbie
liro

"Open with" using a Wine program

#1 Post by liro »

When I right-click a file and choose the "open with" option, I'd like to be able to open the file with a Wine program.

I've tried putting a link to the program exe file in the /.config/rox.sourceforge.net/send_to folder, but when I then choose this program from the "open with" menu nothing happens.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks!

Ps. As a small side issue, is there any way I can make the "open with" menu automatically collapse, rather than clicking on it then choosing the program?

Semme

#2 Post by Semme »

Liro- this sounds like the right thread. If I'm wrong, it's cause :wink: I didn't get enough sleep.

sfeeley

#3 Post by sfeeley »

so, you want to open a file type with a particular program that is running in wine? Use this script. Adapt the .exe portion to fit your wine installation. make the file executable.

And then in the right click, customize menu option, drag a link to the file, voila!

Not my stuff-- I got this from here: http://208.109.22.214/puppy/viewtopic.p ... 4bd8fce93b

Code: Select all

#wine "/mnt/home/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/OFFICE11/WINWORD.EXE"

#!/bin/bash
# transfert-PDFXCview.sh # entre linux et wine
####
EXE="/mnt/home/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/OFFICE11/WINWORD.EXE"
# "C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF Viewer\PDFXCview.exe"
ROOTDRIVE="Z" # Z:\home\yourname\...

if [ ! -z "$1" ]; then
 # Make Windows path
 file=$(echo "$ROOTDRIVE:$1" | sed 's!/!\\!g')
 env WINEPREFIX="$HOME/.wine" wine "$EXE" "$file"
else
 env WINEPREFIX="$HOME/.wine" wine "$EXE"
fi

# Source : http://www.gnurou.org/blog/2008/09/09/finally_real_pdf_annotating_under_linux#comment-1815
# Script: "Submitted by Philipp (not verified) on Wed, 2010-05-12 12:54."
# Consulté le 4 janv. 2012, vers 21 h 30. (musher0) 

liro

#4 Post by liro »

Thanks to you both. Sorted now :).

(Do you know how to do the auto-collapse menu thing too?)