Using applications, configuring, problems
don570

bacon recorder

#16 Post by don570 »

Baconrecorder allows multiple scheduled events

It has a simpler interface than precord

rmcellig

#17 Post by rmcellig »

Before I can try out those apps, I need to make sure that I can actually record from my radio. This is the problem I am currently having with Puppy.

OscarTalks

#18 Post by OscarTalks »

The point is that once you fiddle with your mixer settings and start to see the audio bouncing around on the meter (which is contained within the Precord app) you then know that the audio from your radio is going in to the right place and then you can press the button to start recording.

In other words the app will actually tell you if you are able to record from your radio or not (which I am fairly sure you will be).
Oscar in England

rmcellig

#19 Post by rmcellig »

I looked for a version of Precord that would work with Puppy Linux 5.2.8, but all I found were versions for Slacko and Precise.

I know that I have all the levels correct because I compared them to the way I have them set up in Linux Mint 14 so I think that Mint has something installed that Puppy doesn't.

OscarTalks

#20 Post by OscarTalks »

Just saw your post in the Precord thread.

Downloaded and tested Precord-8.1.4.pet from the first post in Lucid Plus 5.2.8-005 and all working fine. The post does mention 5.2.8 although perhaps not in the download link itself.
Oscar in England

rmcellig

#21 Post by rmcellig »

Thanks! will download it and give it a try.

rmcellig

#22 Post by rmcellig »

Is there anything I should check out in Mint 14 that might explain why I am able to record from my radio? Maybe drivers etc...? Just wondering.

Peterm321

#23 Post by Peterm321 »

I dont know the specifics of this particular sound card so can only speculate. It appears from the screen dump of alsamixer that it could have three input jacks? Perhaps then trying to plug in the radio to different jacks and seeing if any sound can be detected?

It may also be worth trying to navigate to the Line "input source" fields in alsamixer and trying the space and/or uparrow keys to see if there are any settings that can be affected.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1319768