wine not doing what I need. 5.4

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
boof

wine not doing what I need. 5.4

#1 Post by boof »

I've installed wine with dependencies, and am trying to run Nokia Suite from XPSP3 via wine. Cannot see nokia folder under program files. program files only contains common files and internet explorer which takes me nowhere. also, there's no desktop icon or menu to select it-I can't now find a way of running it. No visible or invisible nokia file.

REALLY need this to work, pls.

bark_bark_bark

#2 Post by bark_bark_bark »

You will probable have to have a copy of windows to do what you need to do.

boof

#3 Post by boof »

Sorry-don't understand. Do you mean I HAVE to use a full windows only machine, [IE_Mission impossible] or do you mean I HAVE to have windows and linux to achieve this? I thought it would be obvious I already had the latter.

windows XPSP3 is in sda1, puppy in sda2. Trying to get it to work, but it won't find the exe file, not even from console. Wine version is default for 5.4

phone internet hotspot ONLY avail thru' nokia suite-an XP program. I have no other way of doing this, unless you want to recommend an appropriate G3 phone which will work in Australia, & is affordable. I'm getting to hate all this custom interface software these phones use, because it HAS to be a cable connection, and so little is made for Linux. Win is just too dangerous.

bark_bark_bark

#4 Post by bark_bark_bark »

Yes you have to use Windows to do what you need to do.

boof

#5 Post by boof »

I have a script in startup which mounts sda1, and initializes NokiaSuite.exe. That much works, but I can't get the program to acknowledge the usb connection. I am left with a bluetooth option, but I've had no luck finding a compatible device on ebay so I can use an existing driver. this is awful, and I had hoped it would work.

bark_bark_bark

#6 Post by bark_bark_bark »

Wine CAN'T access hardware directly. Like I said, you HAVE to use windows.