Freezing streaming video issues?

Using applications, configuring, problems
Eldon

Freezing streaming video issues?

#1 Post by Eldon »

This has happened to me on every puppy I've used(since before Lucid and now Slacko) and on multiple computers(integrated intel graphics with mesa installed). So it doesn't seem to be a bug with any specific puppy variant. If it's puppy it seems to be all of them.

It's happened when installed frugally to HD as it is now, as well as full and frugal installs to USB flash drives. Currently it doing this as I use Slacko 5.4 and it's the main, if not the only issue that detracts from my experience.

It's happened in both Seamonkey and Firefox and it's been a while since I've tried but I think Chrome was the same.

So what am I talking about?

Youtube, Putlocker, Hulu, and pretty much any streaming video site works just fine...except for the fact that after 10 or 20 minutes the video freezes(while the audio continues) and there is a spike in the use of system resources. The browser becomes unresponsive or very sluggish. If I'm quick and wait a minute for it to respond I can sometimes hit refresh and the video will load and play and I can skip ahead to where I was provided the streaming service allows it.

It happens when I let the browser manage the cache, as well as when I manually set it to a level higher than the entire file size of the video I'm watching.

I have a 512MB swap file that also has some room to spare while this is going on. It doesn't happen in Windows so I at least know it's not some kind of failing hardware either.

So does anyone else have this issue? Any ideas what it could be? Because I'm stumped. :?

Thanks.

postfs1

#2 Post by postfs1 »

http://45.33.15.200/
viewtopic.php?p=648695#648695
Last edited by postfs1 on Sun 27 Mar 2016, 21:27, edited 2 times in total.

Eldon

#3 Post by Eldon »

Thanks.

That's odd though. I was using a 10.x version of flash, and I seem to recall the same thing happening with previous versions in Lucid.

But after installing v11, it doesn't do that anymore but it does seem to constantly use more resources and the video is more "choppy" than v10.